Please help. FISH.

I have to agree on salmon, it smells and tastes like catfood. I can eat it with certain sauces and I like to make salmon cakes with it though. Salmon is really cheap and good for you so I eat it fairly often. I don't really care for tilapia. I eat it fried or in fish tacos and that's about it.

My favorite is tuna steaks/fillets, but they are expensive. Mahi Mahi and sea bass are really good too. There are a lot of really good Mahi Mahi recipes on food network using mostly Mexican ingredients like cilantro, lime, mango, chiles, tomatillos, cumin, coriander (coriander seed for the non US people), etc.

I like salmon raw and smoked. Cooked, not so much. Don't shoot me TB. I only like white flaky fish cooked. Tuna, seared and raw in the center of course.

I've been blackening some tilapia on the grill and loving it. I've been on a fish kick lately. Did some mahi mahi, tilapia, and a whole red snapper. I used to love mahi mahi but I've been digging the tilapia for some reason (price maybe? lol), and the snapper was kick ass.

I always make a fresh salsa, like a black bean mango salsa, etc. and serve it on top. I like the hot/cold combo and the freshness of it all. Hot of the grill fish, lemons, limes, salsa... yum.

My favs:

Atlantic Cod, Ohio River Catfish and Mahi Mahi. I like thick logs of them, not the splinters some stores sell as filets! I'm not sure (except maybe boiled!) that I haven't fixed fish: deep fried in beer batter, floured and fried in a skillet, marinated and grilled, buttered and baked.

Being Catholic (and older!) I grew up eating fish every Friday and for 40 days in Lent.

I'm also a big fan of seafood pizza: lobster, crab and shrimp with pineapple and the other normal stuff!

Mike

Take halibut or Flounder and drizzle a little lemon juice over it with light salt, pepper, Garlic powder and Ancho powder. Let it sit for 5min. Wipe over fillet's with olive oil and place on grill. I also use Mesquite smoke when doing these. Grill till it is still moist but just starting to flake apart.

While that is grilling I take a banana or two, and a couple of Tangelo's (I use mandarin oranges when Tangelos are out of season, but any citrus will do).
Chop those up into bite sized pieces. Mix in Thai Chili flakes, a little lime juice, Some Cilantro, some light Cumin powder. Sometimes we add thoroughly drained Diced Tomato's.

Take Corn Tortilla's and place them on a cookie sheet. Cover with a layer of your favorite melting cheese and put it into the oven set to Broil for ~2min. May take more to get the cheese melted and starting to get crispy. You want it to start to get that oven Tan on it too.

Pull the tortillas out, slap on some fish, and cover in the Relish. Cut up some avocado and put on top.

Back