• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Please help. I am losing them!

Azatrol is a hydro insecticide that is organic and kill all of the things listed above, as well as aphids and many other types. It inhibits their appetite and eventually they stop eating and die. It can be used as a soil flush, foliar spray or hydro additive, so it is safe.

A little on the expensive side, but I would like to eliminate these buggers before they spread and kill everything. I am starting to see signs, like I said.

Thanks again. You guys/gals rock.

Blister said:
Oh ok. So would the water look like this?

flushingplants.jpg

I've also noticed that the tips on a few leaves on some of my plants are starting to turn brown. you can kind of see it in the pic above. Any idea what that might be? Same problem?

I wouldnt flush the pots with leaves like that, those are light green and I see no wilting, they look fine. And the brown tips is totally normal.

Flush the ones with really dark green leaves and the ones with the damage, flush with like 2-3 quarts of water, dont over do it though. Also do NOT water them again untill they start to wilt! You dont want to get root rot!

If your leaves are so green they are almost black then you have probably over fed them!

Binganero said:
Azatrol is a hydro insecticide that is organic and kill all of the things listed above, as well as aphids and many other types. It inhibits their appetite and eventually they stop eating and die. It can be used as a soil flush, foliar spray or hydro additive, so it is safe.

A little on the expensive side, but I would like to eliminate these buggers before they spread and kill everything. I am starting to see signs, like I said.

Thanks again. You guys/gals rock.

Ahh ok. So instead of buying bugs to fight bugs just get 1 bottle and be done with all pests. Yeah that sounds like it would be worth the cost. Can you get it locally or is it a specialty item? I'll have to get some for piece of mind as I do seem to have little flies around both of my plants and want to be sure that's not a problem BEFORE my new plants arrive on the 20th.

RichardK said:
I wouldnt flush the pots with leaves like that, those are light green and I see no wilting, they look fine. And the brown tips is totally normal.

Flush the ones with really dark green leaves and the ones with the damage, flush with like 2-3 quarts of water, dont over do it though. Also do NOT water them again untill they start to wilt! You dont want to get root rot!

If your leaves are so green they are almost black then you have probably over fed them!

Thanks for the reply. Since today was a watering day anyways, I made sure that some water came out the bottom of the pots. I don't think I was originally watering deep enough. I'll wait until they start to wilt a bit before the next watering.

OK, I have another question.

Seeing as I flushed them today and will have the azatrol tomorrow, what is the risk/reward for flushing them tomorrow with azatrol? They are wilting fast, but I don't want to do them in with overwatering.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

IDK about your situation, but my plants go around 3-4 days sometimes in 8" pots between soakings. I can tell pretty easily when they need water.

They are alive things, and will let you know what they need, usually in dramatic fashion. ;)

Under-watering can be remedied a lot easier than over-watering.

Well, the Azatrol is on everything but the peppers pictured above. I figured that I would let them dry out for a few days before another watering, so they don't have to fight for survival on two fronts. I soaked the soil on all of my other peppers as recommended by the instructions, so I will keep everyone posted as to how it works. I am supposed to repeat the soakings every 10-14 days, so about ten days from now I will hit them again, and then then last watering will hopefully be when they go outside and I will give the new soil a recommended precautionary soaking to prevent any existing and potential threats.

Also, I put some potatoes on my soil, and there is not a single worm, larvae, or thrip under it, so I am still not sure what we am dealing with here. These things are LITTLE. Like 1/10 of a millimeter long and white... TONS of them. Maggot larvae somehow?????

Yuck. Either way, their days are numbered.

Back