• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health Please tell me these spots are due to too much water

My trinadad scorpion had the most growth of all my plants but these yellow spots started showing up. The soil has been too wet for over 2 weeks. I hope that is the cause.
015-3.jpg

Found this on Al Gore's amazing internet:

How to Diagnose Cause of Yellow Spots on Leaves

Yellow spots on leaves are a sign a plant is undergoing a troublesome environmental change. Sometimes this change is caused by pests, but yellow spots usually mean the plant is being deprived of nutrients. This is usually a simple problem which is easy to correct. Use trial and error to diagnose the problem.
Step 1
Reduce watering. The most common cause of plant death is not underwatering, it's overwatering. Overwatering smothers roots and deprives the plant of oxygen.
Step 2
Increase fertilizer. Even plants growing in the best potting mix need supplemental nutrients. Nitrogen deficiency causes yellow spots on leaves and is correctable with a basic fertilizer.
Step 3
Repot the plant. When a plant's roots fill a container they begin wrapping around the sides of the pot. The plant is then unable to bring in enough nutrients and often starts to have yellow spots on its leaves. Correct this problem by moving the plant into the next size larger container.
Step 4
Consider moving a plant out of direct sunlight. If the plant is in direct sunlight or has recently been receiving more light than usual, this could be the source of yellow leaf spots.
Step 5
Treat the plant for pests. If nutrient deficiency or sunlight are not the cause of yellow leaf spots, the problem is possibly a pest infestation. Treat the plant with an insecticide made especially for plants. Hosing the plant with water also washes away many troublesome pests.

* Try an organic source of nitrogen such as blood meal, fish meal or soybean meal.

Source: http://www.ehow.com/how_4485813_diagnose-cause-yellow-spots-leaves.html

I don't think you have them, but do keep an eye out for spider mites. They are VERY small and tend to cause those little yellow spots. I had them on two of my orange habs. I sprayed with safers soap a couple of times, but when I noticed that I also had the start of an aphid problem I stepped up to a pesticide. Either way, here is a pic of a few leaves that were affected by spider mites. The plant is on it's way to recovery right now and will be given a little extra calcium and magnesium to get rid of the wrinkly leaves and yellowing.

spidermiteaffectedhab1.jpg

You can get a better look at the yellow spots caused by spider mites on the backside of the leaf to the right.

spidermiteinfectedhab2.jpg

I'm going with the normal older leaf yellowing or the rain has flushed the fert out of the soil. Still, keep an eye on the rest of the plants and other leaves for a mite problem . Never had them so no advice there.

chillilover said:
As long as its not the start of bacteriial spot.

I have a weird black spot on a couple after giving them some fish emulsion. what does a bacteria spot look like?

One of my rocotos is looking like that & the leaves have gone quite droopy & a little curled. It was in a more exposed spot & got a lot of rain, potting mix has mostly dried out now & I think it'll need a good dose of ferts when it's dried out a bit more.

So I'm voting for too much water & probably some leaching rather than anything really bad

Back