• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

pod Pod ID please.

I bought a sad and sick little plant from the market that was growing in an old Tuna tin.. It had a red pod on it which I took a bite out of..Pretty decent heat and flavour was OK... Looked a bit like a tiny pumpkin.
Slowly potted it up and pruned it etc and the pods have arrived 3 months later..
I.D please.

Here is what my Brazilian Starfish Pods looked like, but I have seen many that look more puffy like your plant.. That being said the flavour is more Green with a hint of sweet no real defianable flavour.. and at around 20-30k scoville.

Brazilian Starfish (Atomic Starfish)

fred42 said:

Thanks..Im growing it in a plastic laundry basket lined with fine netting for the air pruning thing..  For me,it works real good.
For me too. Imho, root pruning is the best. I grow in solo cups at first indoors, then to 1 gallon smartpots, then in ground. Where I live in So Cal, my roots would cook if not inground or fabric pot.

When I bought the plant in OP ,it was very puny with two pods on it..I planted the seeds from those pods.
Starting to get new pods now and I guess it aint growing true...No Pumpkin features at all right now and flower is different..Bit disappointing but interested to see what they are when they grow out and turn red..
As a noob,its a good learning curve I suppose.
I have 3/4 other plants from those seeds about ready to flower..Are they likely to do the same?

Pumpkin_NOT1.jpg

PUMPKINNOT_2.jpg

Back