• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Pods for eating

As most of you know I am very new to all of this pepper stuff. I am and have been a pepperhead for ages though. After finding THP I have become obsessed. Regretably I have never even held a fresh pod any hotter than what you can find in your local market. Mike did send me a few samples of powder that let me know a bit about the wonders that await.

My question= what could I expect to pay for a box of pods?

I know the season is not quite right for harvest yet, but would love to try a couple fresh superhots.

How does that work? What's the cost? For that matter, how would I send out pods to friends? What's the shipping method?

Sorry for the newbe questions.

Thanks,

Rymerpt

I recently bought a flat rate box of Yellow Trininad Scorpions from elcap1999. A bit under a pound, for 16 bucks, including shipping. I'm sure he has, or will have more very soon. Try him, the pods are fresh and hottttt like a mother fudger.

Jamison said:
Usually fresh supers around here go for $16-20 a box. The best way to ship em is a Small Flat Rate Box (SFRB). DONT SHIP THEM IN PLASTIC BAGS INSIDE THE BOX. The pods need to breath.
Exactly

shortly you will be able to buy anything you want from several vendors.  the adds will pour in and fist fights will follow :rofl:

rymerpt if you follow us on facebook thats where i will post first. and have diffrent deals through out the year on there and here. same goes with any of the vendors lots of pods/ lots of vareity/ lots of adds/deals/ blah/ blah.   hunt carefully though ;)

important no matter who you order from::::   no plastic bags,no wash and make sure you dont buy old shabby peppers from dudes that picked them 3 days ago.all vendors or just "dudes that sell" take note im telling you how to make sure your peppers arive best condition, i have learned by mistakes.i pick that morning than i ship., if its a big order where dudes are going to process as soon as they get them. ill pick the night before and box and fridge.

also if you buy make sure you put them in your fridge when you get them. its produce that has been in the mail sometimes for three days. you cant get the box then set it on your counter for two days,then open,then complain that they are mushy :rofl:

sicman said:
shortly you will be able to buy anything you want from several vendors.  the adds will pour in and fist fights will follow :rofl:

rymerpt if you follow us on facebook thats where i will post first. and have diffrent deals through out the year on there and here. same goes with any of the vendors lots of pods/ lots of vareity/ lots of adds/deals/ blah/ blah.   hunt carefully though ;)

important no matter who you order from::::   no plastic bags,no wash and make sure you dont buy old shabby peppers from dudes that picked them 3 days ago.all vendors or just "dudes that sell" take note im telling you how to make sure your peppers arive best condition, i have learned by mistakes.i pick that morning than i ship., if its a big order where dudes are going to process as soon as they get them. ill pick the night before and box and fridge.

also if you buy make sure you put them in your fridge when you get them. its produce that has been in the mail sometimes for three days. you cant get the box then set it on your counter for two days,then open,then complain that they are mushy :rofl:

I posted on your site. Friend me from your site so can follow your site.

will do. my wife does our facebook so it will be done by tomorrow. i have no idea how to spacebook,i mean myface.

I've got a little mini 7 pod if you want it. Won't be that hot, but it's better then nothing. Can't sell it cause it's small, so someone might as well use it.

Gonna piggie back on this. Would late July to early August be a good time to seek out pods? I will be in Arkansas for three weeks at that time and would love to order a box to try out. Might even order two boxes, one early and one late to take back to Japan with me! Mmm now I am all excited!  :dance:

In addition to that, is there perhaps a vendor map where potential shoppers can seek out vendors close to them?

if you are sending peppers and you wash them you just took several shelf days off of them.   dont you wash your lettuce you buy in the superstore? why wouldnt you wash peppers you ordered online? grower doesnt wash buyer does. been this way for thousands of years ;)

Huh [member='sicman'] just on your Facebook a review of the Reaper from a guy in Ireland. Did you ship it to him???

filmost said:
Huh [member='sicman'] just on your Facebook a review of the Reaper from a guy in Ireland. Did you ship it to him???
yes i did. it was very expensive shipping that he paid. getting fresh pods to a foreign country in a few days cost more money than its worth,imo.  

peoples standard of money is diffrent than mine though. 

follow the forum ad section that way you will get an email anytime anyone posts a sfrb for sale. watch out cause peeps here have some ridiculous hot pods lol!! A mixed box really is a way to discover which peppers you like and which are just insane horrible. Only other thing I can add is don't let them sit in your mailbox all day in the heat if at all possible. 

filmost,

I'm about an 1 1/2 hours away from Arkansas border.  When your in the US let me know depending what part of Arkansas your in we could meet up and I'll have some pods for you for free.  LMK!

Jamison said:
filmost,

I'm about an 1 1/2 hours away from Arkansas border.  When your in the US let me know depending what part of Arkansas your in we could meet up and I'll have some pods for you for free.  LMK!

Thanks for the very generous offer Jamison! ;)  Unfortunately I think I am a bit too far from you, I all the way over in Northwest Arkansas.  :tear: Would be more than happy to pay for them though! I'll be in touch when we are actually stateside ;-)

Back