smokers Post your Smoker/BBQ/Cooker pics here

Nice going Kat. Got any shots of the smoked pizza?

DUH!... Best pizza I ever had!!
It was a "white" pizza, with a garlic cream sauce, shrooms, calamatta Olives, Basil, and FRESH mozzerella. !
pizza2.jpg

pizza.jpg

pizza1.jpg

glad I found this thread! here's a few pics of my arsenal and food I've made with them
my first smoker, a brinkmann smoke'n pit(with quite a few modifications)
Smoker.jpg

Next up is my weber kettle, which is a great grill as well as smoker
WeberGrill.jpg

and my vertical smoker I made from a 60 gallon air tank, this thing is awesome!
USM4.jpg

Food pics!
Pulled pork
PulledPork.jpg

Beer can chicken
USMChicken.jpg

Smoked chili powder (chilpow as its known in my house)
Chilpow.jpg

Enjoy!

DUH!... Best pizza I ever had!!
It was a "white" pizza, with a garlic cream sauce, shrooms, calamatta Olives, Basil, and FRESH mozzerella. !
pizza2.jpg

pizza.jpg

pizza1.jpg

Kat, somehow I missed this when you posted. That looks plain hot blue and righteous. Cheesey, crispy, gooey goodness, and white pies are my preference over red sauced. Excellent!

I've been smoking meat in the entryway to the brick oven I built last year. It works great but I'll need to get a proper smoker for some low and slow smoking. I also use my 16" grill below to smoke directly on the grill. I build a fire with Kiawe wood ( Similar to Mesquite ). Burn it down until its small coals and then smother it with green Kiawe branches. Almost no heat and a lot of very falvorful smoke.

Before:
http://instagr.am/p/JYcP7fDllO/

7ecbf35e85d211e18bb812313804a181_7.jpg

After:
http://instagr.am/p/JY5FQ7Dliu/

b137db8c85f511e1b10e123138105d6b_7.jpg

My 16" Dub Ghetto Grill
http://instagr.am/p/oIlm-/
885e7ffc4fa611e19896123138142014_7.jpg

Baringa- that is some crazy gear you got cooking there.

Kat- OmNomNoMNomNom

adoboloco- OHM! If I fly to you, will you cook one for me???? And my Hubby and Kid????? Pretty Please????!!!!???!?! That rib steak is BEAUTIFUL!

adoboloco- that's supposed to be "OMG"

I posted my old smoker a while back, but thought I would update my post with my new 18" WSM. I picked up 3 last November from HD when they had them on sale NEW IN BOX for $49.00!!! If your not familiar with the price they usually sale for $299 each! I sold 2 $230 each and picked up a PRO-Q Staker sectional and a Wifi Stoker. Here are some pics of this weekends catering gig. I smoked 4 butts and 9 drunken chickens.

IMG_3916.JPG

IMG_3917.JPG

IMG_3918.JPG

IMG_3924.JPG

IMG_3925.JPG

adoboloco- OHM! If I fly to you, will you cook one for me???? And my Hubby and Kid????? Pretty Please????!!!!???!?! That rib steak is BEAUTIFUL!

adoboloco- that's supposed to be "OMG"

@salsalady: Mahalo... It was delicious. Should I start taking orders? LOL

@fireman: Looks like that had some great smoke on it. I used to have one exactly like that and used to smoke a lot of wild trout in it. Works great.

@light: very high tech... how do you keep the keyboard clean?

@light: very high tech... how do you keep the keyboard clean?

Actually the laptop I used is a couple of years old and and has a bad internal keyboard already so I only use it for my smoker. That's why I have the 2nd keyboard setup.

When I'm at home I don't even use the laptop as I just make a connection to the stoker via wifi and just control it on my HTPC on my large TV. A big plus of the new stoker software is the ability to send e-mails so a few times I don't even watch it and just wait for my food done e-mail to take the meat off.

Nice SN, ironically I make adobo and sinigang with the trimmings from the pork ribs!

Well nice to see people loving real BBQ:
I was looking for a smoker and i spent a considerable amount of time shopping for a unit i liked. Well i found it and took my money to the store and found out the damn thing was made in China.
i put my money back in my pocket and said Hell no i will noy buy a chinese BBQ it just seemed Wrong. so i Decided to build my own ended up building 2 here are some pictures!

smokerdone9.jpg

this is the firebox
smokerdone6.jpg

this is the front of the units with the steel flames and Stainless folding cutting boards

smokerdone3.jpg

facing front

smokerdone4.jpg

inside

P2264396.jpg

flame detail

I made these with Steel and we welded them from the inside out so they would not have nasty welds.

Wow now that's a smoker!! Do you compete at all? I'll be at the Orange county fairgrounds this weekend for what will be the largest competition in Cali to date.

Smokers looks good but are those cooking surfaces primed for paint? I wouldn't cook or eat off that.

Smokers looks good but are those cooking surfaces primed for paint? I wouldn't cook or eat off that.
Noooo no paint on the inside at all. once i had them 100% built the entire unit was bead blasted then the doors were masked and painted and the outside was painted the reason it looks White is it is freshly blasted.... in one picture you can see the masking tape still on the unit. once the masking is off i iolled and seasoned the unit

Wow now that's a smoker!! Do you compete at all? I'll be at the Orange county fairgrounds this weekend for what will be the largest competition in Cali to date.
never have but would love to at some point. never even been to a compitetion.

Ohhhhhh yeah if I look to the right of the grate I can see it is metal. Phew. Thought that was primer.

Propane conversions, right? Damn these are sweet you should sell them.

the unit are currently using coal/wood but i am in the process of converting one to propane with a full thermostat. so you can fire it off and forget it.. i am in the process of Designing a unit for possible production if i do it ill only do it is it is made in the USA. i am thinking about pellet design.

Back