• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Potatoes slow to "cure"

The rule of thumb is to not dig potatoes not intended for immediate consumption until after the stems have been dead for a couple of weeks. This is suppose to allow the spuds to develop a thick skin (skipping puns!). This is September already and I still have green and yellow stems on my Yukon Golds. Geez, usually taters are ready for unearthing in the middle of August!

I want to start canning them - 100 quarts is the goal.

Mike

I have about 50 Kennebec that I could probably dig but they are a larger potato and I would just as soon dig them last, as I'll try to save most of them for baking or French Fries. Of the 100 Yukon Gold plants, about 50 percent still have partially yellow or even greenish stems so I'm guessing a couple weeks.

Mike

Canning them :)

Wife Gets Home this arvo and goes "here ya Go"

SDC10796.jpg

cool, got them scattered round Office Yard companioning Chilli's as cover gardens with sugarcane mulch and the Ground is basically Sand,, make a Hole pop 1 in, cover Off ya Go

The Kennebec's are sharing the Douglah patch and Hope they feel the Love LOL

Hope Ya Get The 100 quarts
good Luck Mike

If I get my paper done in time, I hope to start tonight on the areas that have been dead for a while. Perhaps I get lucky and find some Topato seeds (some plants had those tomato-type fruit) and them and see if I can grow seed potatoes this winter!

Mike

Back