• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest POTAWIE vs. muskymojo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohhh I seee... you're taking on the sausage KING with no fear!

Snausages in the smoker
009.jpg

Some homemade bread dough and some jalapenos, habaneros, and serranos along with more of Spicy Chicken's dried peppers
004.jpg

It has risen!
005.jpg

Fresh from the oven!
011.jpg

WOW! Muskymojo is hitting it big time. I can't wait to see the final goods, this looks excellent so far.

Oh WOW! THIS is my kinda TD!

Brisket sliced
Throwdown048.jpg

Close up of the meat
Throwdown052.jpg

Diced up and ready for...
Throwdown053.jpg

Chili!! :dance:
Throwdown055.jpg

Chili done
Throwdown060.jpg

Footlongs about done and looking tasty
Throwdown061.jpg

BRISKET CHILI! HELL YEAH!

Musky you got da mojo fo show, I didn't kno!

Wait wait wait I just got where this is going... chili dogs... with that homemade smoked cheese sausage, brisket chili, on a home baked pepper roll OMG OMG this may be my favorite TD OF ALL TIME if so!!

Finnished em up on the grill to get a nice char and a little extra "snap."
015.jpg

That was the last photo before the final entry. I promise!

Muskymojo,
can I come over to dinner at YOUR house? Heck I wanna go eat at EVERYONE's houses! These TD's have been the best!

As soon as I saw chili and dogs....... :drool:

I started with an inexpensive pork picnic roast and injected it with a sweet, salty brine, then a dry rub and onto the cheap smoker using hickory and cherry woods with charcoal

smoker throwdown 001 by potawie, on Flickr

smoker throwdown 003 by potawie, on Flickr

After getting a nice bark the pork was wrapped in fresh Banana leaves with some apple juice and maple syrup, and smoked some more

smoker throwdown 008 by potawie, on Flickr

smoker throwdown 011 by potawie, on Flickr

And heres the money I almost forgot

smoker throwdown 025 by potawie, on Flickr

I'm sensing this will be hard to judge.... waiting for finals!!!!

Potawie's apple/maple pulled pork

I started with a pork picnic roast, injected it with apple juice, maple syrup, salt, y7 powder and some Worcestershire sauce.
After a few hours I applied a dry rub of: Brown sugar, paprika, yellow 7 pod powder, salt, pepper ,garlic, onion powder then onto the smoker. After many hours of smoking with hickory and cherry there was finally a good bark. Now I wrapped the pork in freshly picked banana leaves, added some apple juice and maple syrup, then tied it off and smoked some more.
After pork cooled it was pulled and homemade bbq sauce was added made of:Leftover rub, maple syrup, cider vinegar, ketchup and y7 powder.
At last its thrown on a bun with some slaw made of: red and green cabbage, bishop's crown peppers, cider vinegar, mayonaisse, and salt & pepper

smoker throwdown 013 by potawie, on Flickr

smoker throwdown 021 by potawie, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back