• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

harvesting Potawie's Sept. harvests

Lately I've been harvesting pretty much every day, but when I got back from my extended weekend of camping yesterday I had a bit of work to do. Here's a bunch that I picked last night and early this morning that will keep me busy for a while:)

2840309990_f3779eb4fd.jpg

absolutely wonderful Potawie...that's a lot of peppers...

question...what kind of peppers are the red ones in the Cuties box?

imaguitargod said:
I sense some hot sauces coming...
Ya, I'm freezing all my choc/browns, yellows, and Kapowie peppers for three different sauces I've been working on and I'm now getting a freezer full.

AlabamaJack said:
question...what kind of peppers are the red ones in the Cuties box?

The ones in the far end of the cutie box are Guadaloupe habs and some of them are quite huge. I might try making a sauce with these too because I'll be overloaded with them very soon

:shocked: And to think that last night I posted a reply to a post saying that I have been busy playing Chase the Pod. Potawie, you have helped to put it all in perspective, that is a fantastic and huge harvest. If all of your harvests have come close to resembling that one in the picture, you have been busy.

To think I was going to say I was speechless...Well...just amazing!

Wow Potawie, that's some harvest. Just beautiful, lots of produce and sure a source of inspiration for the rest of us...don't know how you do it, even colder than MN but you definitely have it down to a science.

I'm with AJ on the shade cloth idea for next year. I have thought being in the southeast would be a huge advantage for growing peppers but seeing how well all of our northern growers have such nice harvest they may have even better growing conditions during summer months. I get no fruit set in the hot south for two months at least and if I can protect my plants from the heat by using a shade cloth I may be able to greatly improve my yeilds. Now that my weather has cooled a bit and no more 100 degree days my peppers look alive again. At least I still have 2 more months. Great peppers again Potawie!

POTAWIE said:
The ones in the far end of the cutie box are Guadaloupe habs and some of them are quite huge. I might try making a sauce with these too because I'll be overloaded with them very soon

You know, those pods resemble the ones I am growing as Dorset Nagas I got from Ebay...remember the old red headed man and elephant photo I posted...what ever I got sure as hell ain't no Dorset Naga...the plants are heavy with pods shaped like that and some are pretty big...

I just don't know what they are but the ones I am growing are pretty dang hot...

Back