• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

overwintering Potawie's winter projects 2009/10

Not quite winter officially but its time for some indoor projects here in Potawie-land. My first project this year is to grow a few dwarfed plants overwinter like I usually do but this year I want to pull out the foo foo and do a few real nice bonsai chiles. I've got a good start, but I really need to get some shallow bonsai pots and maybe on a warm day I'll go find some moss and other goodie.

Here's my old Guadaloupe "hab". Far too big for me to waste cutting back further for a bosai pot but still pretty cool
4155456250_99afe3b119.jpg

Douglah, cool but needs further work
4155456252_88bff94622.jpg

This Fatalii might get some real foo foo
4155456256_2373cb8d2f.jpg

Another good fatalii. You can see a new shoot starting way down by the roots which could turn out to be interesting
4155462454_1c7d9b1031.jpg

nice one ! I look forward to seeing your progress. That top pic, would make a great bonsai you should consider cutting it down slowly!!
I will use some of my potted stock aswell . They are good fun !

Exactly what is the bonzai classification...do you trim it all the time as new growth exhibits itself?

I don't really know AJ, I just sculpt my plants the way I like without going by any rules. I usually only dwarf them for the winter but this year I may try a dedicated bonsai project

chilliman said:
nice one ! I look forward to seeing your progress. That top pic, would make a great bonsai you should consider cutting it down slowly!!
I will use some of my potted stock aswell . They are good fun !

As I said before, the Guadaloupe is far too big and productive for me to waste on a winter project, its one of my best plant and its already been potted down from a 20+ gallon pot to a 5 gallon this year

Back