• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

potting up

AjarnV said:
Yes. In fact I've been keeping a daily diary (on Habaneros) since last year. The other 39 years is learning from professional gardeners and my own failures and successes with about 200 species from all over the world. My other favorite hobby is orchids of which I have 10 wild varieties and 50 cultivated varieties.
Oh, and I forgot to mention my Excel Data Base spreadsheet for scheduling, applications, feeding, transplanting, germinating, etc., etc., etc.
Cheers.

burn!

AjarnV said:
^ Burn????? :shocked:

It was a reference to you being verbally stern with MrArboc. As in: Burn = good comeback or Burn = "put THAT in your pipe and smoke it!".............anyone else getting this??

DarkTrak said:
It was a reference to you being verbally stern with MrArboc. As in: Burn = good comeback or Burn = "put THAT in your pipe and smoke it!".............anyone else getting this??

That did occur to me, but, not sure. The reason I'm here is because I'm new to peppers but, obviously, not to plants and growing. There are many inquires here I just don't have any experience with so I don't speak. Thanks for the support. ;)

DarkTrak said:

There is no doubt in my mind that the method he is advocating works, but I am unsure if it is better to rip up the root ball compared to leaving it as undisturbed as possible. I am a little dissapointed that he did not directly address the most importan part (for this thread) of my Q: "So I gather you've done it both ways ..."

His reply can - at best - be considered anecdotal evidence and is nowhere near a burn. Sorry.

;)

MrArboc said:
There is no doubt in my mind that the method he is advocating works, but I am unsure if it is better to rip up the root ball compared to leaving it as undisturbed as possible. I am a little dissapointed that he did not directly address the most importan part (for this thread) of my Q: "So I gather you've done it both ways ..."

His reply can - at best - be considered anecdotal evidence and is nowhere near a burn. Sorry.

;)

Sense of humor FAIL.

MrArboc said:

;)

If you will kindly look at my reply; you'll see the first word is "YES" in answer to your question. Frankly, I don't see how I can be any more direct than that. I followed that with a little info on 40 years of...oh, never mind!

To the OP: Sorry for jackin your thread...it's really rude and I hate it hen people do it to me so, again, my appologies.

I'm really starting to enjoy this site. Great info, friendly people, and repsectful jabbing....
This was a great thread.

MrArboc said:

;)

Burned for picking on silly, meaningless details once again

Having done it both ways, anecdotally speaking, I prefer to not disturb a single root hair on a root ball during transplant. I take the whole ball and plop it into its new home. dirt and all. While it does then seem to take a while to get established as, I guess, the roots have to find their way out of the ball, I'm of the opinion that disturbing the root ball causes subtler long-term damage to the plant that doesn't show up much later but isn't trivial.

FYI. still not sure what's the best method to re-pot. One person does it one way and someone discounts that method. Guess I will take the plant out of it's current home and try not to disturb the roots and re-pot. Hopefully that works.

Back