• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Praise the Father!

Or at least my dad in particular.

My old man is a keen gardener. This year his thing is to grow everything in pellets hydroponically (some German volcanic rock stuff) but he's got a fantastic seed nursery set up.

On a large bench in his shed he has a big sheet of plasterboard, then on top of that a 6' by 4' heating pad and he puts all his seeds in a seed mix and then each seed pot goes in a water bath - the pad heats the water to a constant temperature of 20*C+ and he has a light rack overhead adding to the warmth. The result is a hot and humid germination environment.

Guess that PhD is good for something.

So I've given him my entire stock of sulking seeds and he's going to raise 'em good.

In exchange I got a couple of pumpkin seedlings, some seed potatoes and even more spinach plants.

Once they germinate I will bring them home and take care of them.

No a few people doing similar things at reasonable prices to and doesn't cost a lot to buy the equipment..just the choice of lighting being the most Expensive :)

I will get pics when I have something to show :-)

Yes - lights can be inexpensive - im looking into various options and consulting the many oracles on THP for a winter growing set up.

Back