• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Pray for Florida

Pray for us!

ARCTIC COLD FRONT ---- This weekend will see an "arctic front" hitting us here in Florida. Temps dropping to 61 at night and 72 during the day.

Please be prepared by wearing sandals instead of flip flops to cover more of your feet. T-Shirts should be upgraded to long sleeves and shorts optional. But still have short sleeves as back up in case the forecast is wrong. Sunglasses are still a must.

These freezing conditions may affect your tire pressure. I hope everyone stays safe in these hazardous conditions and be prepared they may last as long as 3-4 days.

I hope everyone makes it through safely. HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!

I dont know if I can make it.....I know the pepper plants will cause man they just keep producing. The way things are going these pepper plants will survive straight into next season with little effort

Right on! It looks like you floridians, will be growing perennial pepper trees this year. I can just imagine how big they will be, if in ground.

0DFABBB9-D7A4-45F1-8797-8A44EE0AD675_zpsa5u8lvmn.jpg

Y'all do realize that was posted out of jealousy. ....

Eastern Washington state. Foothills of the cascade mountains. We have temp swings of +111F to -16F at our house. Record for Washington state is -40 recorded in the Methow valley about 20 miles up the road.
Only been here 18 years and already tired of the winters. Seriously trying to get to a more temperate zone.
That sideways pic is our back door as I came home today. Snow slid off the roof, about 3 feet deep...and more to come off the roof.

Not going to lie. I'm not looking forward to this weekend. I know it's not too cold but I got a late start on my peppers and have a ton of pods waiting to ripen. Hope the weather stays warm a little longer.

ablizno said:
Not going to lie. I'm not looking forward to this weekend. I know it's not too cold but I got a late start on my peppers and have a ton of pods waiting to ripen. Hope the weather stays warm a little longer.

Buck up, Trooper. :)  It's only supposed to reach the 50s.  While your plants may be mildly irritated, but it's unlikely they'll drop leaves or pods overnight. 

it was a bit blustery the other day. I sometimes have to walk a few blocks to work, and the trade winds were kicking up by my estimation in the 15-22 mph range at a rough guess. I can see the Atlantic as I walk to work. and it was also maybe in the 60s around that time and it was drizzling.. definitely a change in the weather on that day at any rate.  its a bit warmer now.

ablizno said:

Just heard we're going to get a couple of days of warmer but then another cold front ic coming through.

Back