• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Primary leaves

I think i may have you beat on the quadracotyledonous peppers :shocked:

3178525436_71a0a78fff_o.jpg

How cool is this? I never heard of tricotyledonous chiles before I read this thread, but I just realized that the tiny seedling that sprouted from a 7-pot seed I got from PRF had three cotydelons.

3191336689_c89d7f083f.jpg

This is a keeper!

MrArboc: The first 7 Pot I got from you has sproutet now. Just 1 mm of root showing, but more than enough to put it into dirt :) One of the Naga Morich seeds shows signs of germination :)

BillyIdle said:
MrArboc: The first 7 Pot I got from you has sproutet now. Just 1 mm of root showing, but more than enough to put it into dirt :) One of the Naga Morich seeds shows signs of germination :)

Great, I was worried about those Nagas. One sprouting seed is all you need;)

bump

Ok, Thank You MrArboc for bringing this forward for me.

I guess I will grow those three out. I will mark the clearly and do a photograph comparison of the same species from the same seed source through this season so we can see if they do now produce as well or not. It will be interesting and I will feel like a scientist. I promise not to fudge on the facts though like some scientist that we know.

Now I need a white lab coat so I feel official.

I look forward to it. I freely admit that my results might have something to do with the fact that I didn't "believe" in my tri-plants and therefore didn't really take care of them as I should.

I just went an investigated which ones had the tri-cot thing going on. One tomato plant which will be another study on another forum but the other two are both Red Savinas from PepperMania. The other four Red Savinas are bi-cots. I will make a raised bed for just the Red Savinas away from the other plants. So, it will be a small raised bed with a tri-cot on each end and 4 bi cots in the middle. All of them Red Savinas from PepperMania. In a few weeks when I plant them I will do a once a week photograph and catalog it here in its own thread.

Back