• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Progress photos and a Strange Naga....

Hey all, here are some more shots of my Naga plant that has three pods on it so far:

DSCF4081.jpg

DSCF4080.jpg

DSCF4079.jpg

DSCF4086.jpg

And here are some pics of another Naga Morich that is also from ccn that I dont think is really a Naga...Its shaped funny and is NOWHERE near as bumpy as the other pods on the previos pictures above....What do you guys think??

DSCF4082.jpg

DSCF4083.jpg

DSCF4084.jpg

And one last shot of one of my Hab plants that has been on a steady diet of Hydro nutes in dirt and GA3...First budding...Should have a few peppers on my hands soon, yes? :)

DSCF4077.jpg

First set of pics look like fine Naga pods.

Second set isn't a Naga, it isn't even a C. Chinense.

You hab looks like it's loading up with a lotta ammo. :)

How do you know it's not a C. Chinense?? The plant and foliage are identical to the other Naga...

Examine the differences of the caps at the top of each pod type where the stem meets the pod and you'll have your answer. ;)

What you most likely have is a Naga Morich crossed with some unknown C. annuum.

be buggered if I could see much of a difference, but it looks like the "petals(???)" where it attatches to the stem are longer on the second lot of pics???. healthy lookin plants though!! and you're gunna get a whole lotta habs there soon enough.

On a C. Chinense pod cap its radius is small and sits atop the pod, while on the second pods pictured above the top of the pod is engulfed by the cap. :)

Once you know what to look for it sticks out like a sore thumb. :)

@ SS, thanks mate that was the bit I was TRYING to describe.

@ Dark, Hope it tastes good mate and has the heat to back it up too!

I dunno Jas...It looks lame. Don't think it will be that hot. It's too pale green. Just seems like a wuss of a pepper. (I'm whining...I know, I know.) I understand that crosses happen. But after the ordeal I went through with these guys, you would think they might label these as "who the hell knows" peppers instead of a specific variety....like Naga Morich. Someone tell me to quit my bitching by all means if Im wrong... lol

I dunno Jas...It looks lame. Don't think it will be that hot. It's too pale green. Just seems like a wuss of a pepper. (I'm whining...I know, I know.) I understand that crosses happen. But after the ordeal I went through with these guys, you would think they might label these as "who the hell knows" peppers instead of a specific variety....like Naga Morich. Someone tell me to quit my bitching by all means if Im wrong... lol

Ya never know mate. It may just suprise you! Fingers crossed any way. And I totally understand you're complaining, especially after the epic battle you had even getting them there in the first place.

Back