Promotion for HP22B

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not going back through the past 20 pages of this crap to find the answer, can someone tell me if it is implied that Joe is dealing with Ed Currie and the HP22B.

Thanks.

I am not going back through the past 20 pages of this crap to find the answer, can someone tell me if it is implied that Joe is dealing with Ed Currie and the HP22B.

Thanks.

The quote below makes it seem very likely that he indeed is:
Update from the puckerbutt folks facebook page : Sorry I haven't been up to task lately. We are busy getting things ready for this years production. Shelly and Justin will be doing updates with me from this point forward. We meet with our good friend Joe this week and showed him the lab and some of the production. I know there is going to be a great collabertaion between us. I am also in a contest from a small business grant. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. Looks like we'll have @ 100, 000 plants in the ground by May 1 and another 3000 tomatoes. I sure hope that we did the planning correctly, that's a whole lotta peppers and maters. Hope to introduce a hot tomatoe this year. What a gift.

From http://www.chilefoundry.co.uk/2011/11/13/possible-new-world-record-chilli-hp22b-1-5m-shus/

It is an odd name, but the HP22B is a pepper grown by Ed Currie from Rock Hill, South Carolina in the USA, the Chilli has been tested at over 1,500,000 Scoville Heat Units by Cliff Calloway a professor at Winthrop University.

If this is in fact the chili that Joe is talking about, then they need about 600,000+ more SHUs by my calculations.....

From the world press...

The one Ed has to beat, the Trinidad Scorpion “Butch T” from Australia, measures 1.4 million Scoville. Dr. Calloway says Ed’s Guinness pepper, on average, measures 1.5 million Scoville.

And the WINNERS are:

HAMMERFALL.... "Machete Pepper" (Loved the Guillotine Pepper also) <<<<-----Grand Prize Winner too! You get the 8 packs of Free Seeds PLUS our 'Volcano in a Box'. About an $80 value in all...plus some extra stuff we'll toss in.
ENJOY and thanks for playing.

JSCHRSTRCKS.... "Vesuvius Pepper" (Hannibal was cool too...may be a generational issue though)

GUILLO1.... "Kamikaze Pepper" (liked Armageddon too)

HOWSTER.... "Death Valley Pepper"

FRISKY.... "Executioner Pepper"

DULAC.... "SuperNova Pepper"

INDYHOT.... "Doomsday Pepper". <<<<-------- Bonus Winner....I said 6 Winners but decided to go with 7.

CONGRATULATIONS to the Winners!
Hey Gang, we've got your Free Seeds and stuff ready to mail out.
Just email me your name and mailing address. Send it to pepperjoe@sc.rr.com
This was a tough contest to judge and some of you really went all out.
So I'm going all out too and tossing in some other cool, surprise stuff. Let me know if you like it all. :party:
And I also added a bonus 7th winner.
THANK YOU all for playing...including the folks that didn't win. This was tough to judge but I had fun with it...hope everyone else did and hope it also added some levity to an intense thread.
:halo:
Just a reminder, we judged the names based on originality, creativity and marketing potential.
The great thing about all of these winning names...you get an instant visual...they have that 'remember factor' and what I call that 'sticky factor'...I think they'd stick like fly paper to peoples consciousness.
Anyway, it was a blast and Congrats and Thanks again to all.
Fiery Regards,
Pepper Joe
:dance: :P :dance: :P :dance: :P

I just did a search for HP22b.. oh well..

Congrats to everyone.. and thanks pepper joe for being generous handing out a lot of peppers to the winners :D

Congrats to the winners.

Might have been a good thing you didn't go with Armegeddon pepper there Joe, already one out there with that name. Got to say Machete pepper doesn't do anything for me. Hope you make $million$!

EDIT: One last time. If the CPI is going to register the Trinidad Scorpion Morouga Blend that they grew and tested at 2,009,231 Scoville units with Guinnes did the new "Machete" pepper or HP22b beat that? You keep talking about average heat Joe and Guinnes doesn't care about that. Do you know if the HP22b beat 2,009,231 SHU's?

yeah that's a pretty big group of winners, with some very nice/generous prizes. congrats to you guys!

Might have been a good thing you didn't go with Armegeddon pepper there Joe, already one out there with that name. Got to say Machete pepper doesn't do anything for me. Hope you make $million$!

same here, I just don't really see how a pepper and a machete relate, but it does stick in your head I guess, but for me it's more of a confused thought, like. "whaa?" :eh: ... and for a lot of people, it will be memorable I'm sure, which is great for sales! it will be cool to see this pepper released.

I thought the Volcano in a box came with fireworks after Joe lid it on fire....LOL

Personally I like Kamikaze better than Machette but that's just me. Imagine what you can do with a name like Kamikaze. It would be suicide to eat a pepper with over 2mil scoville units.

Here's a vid released over a month ago with a guy eating this pepper. Looks like the top secret pepper didn't need to be so top secret this whole time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-XjyFGkpBM

Why not call it the 'Stinging Anus Pepper' or 'S.A.P'. for short ... it ties in with puckerbutt much better then 'Machete' :hell:

Here's a vid released over a month ago with a guy eating this pepper. Looks like the top secret pepper didn't need to be so top secret this whole time.

lol that was posted on page 17 already :P , but yeah it's pretty interesting, I wish they showed a close up of the pepper, because from a distance they look a lot different than what they looked like in the pics from their fb page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back