Promotion for HP22B

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think whatever the name will be, once anyone here will be able to put hand on seeds will do it.

even if this pepper is a 7pot soemthing cross or scorp cross so what??? name it and that's it.
just like any other like a peper pepper or a orange cheyenne... those are issued from a cross and no one question that.
why bother even if it's on the edge of the guiness record? personaly i dont care that much cause in 2 years might have some new contenders...
and in this race tehre will always be a new one on the edge to break the record and freaks will try to push the limit as much as it can be pushed.

If it's Hot, taste good and have a good harvest side... i will grow it and make infernal sauce, powders and food with that kind of peppers.
Will be glad to give to friends and make people discover a new hobby and fun. That's a good way to promote gardening and fun

Not sure where the hypocrisy is actually?

I'll let you work it out (Hint: Trinidad Scorpion Morouga Blend = Marouga Scorpion and this is another hint
So basically, assuming this is actually a 7 Pot Primo, it sounds like they just aquired some seeds, grew them out under stressed conditions, tested them, and now plan to change the name to something a little more "catchy" to help sell it.

Wow, that's impressive... :clap:
)

Trippa you are making something out of nothing. Myself and the Institute did not make up new names for marketing or to claim we have some new kind of pepper. It appears thats what you are trying to say here. I have acknowledged on so many blogs and posts that what was grown out by the Institute and myself can be traced back to the seeds that Christopher Phillips (cmpman) obtained from Tobago back in 2007. People call peppers by names that sound easier for them to remember and that does not mean they are making things up for personal gain. Trinidad Moruga Scorpion has been called Moruga blend, Moruga Scorpion, Trinidad Scorpion Moruga Blend, Trinidad Moruga etc. Other examples Trinidad 7 Pot Jonah, Jonah 7 Pot, 7 Pot Jonah, Jonah strain 7 Pot. 7 Pot Primo. Trinidad 7 Pot Primo, Primo 7 Pot. Bhut Jolokia, Naga Jolokia, Ghost Chile, Ghost pepper. This happens all the time. Jukka from Finland sold me seeds from his site and at that time 3 years ago he called it Trinidad Scorpion Moruga Blend. Chris gave him the seeds originally. Now he has changed it. Having the word blend on the end can be confusing to some as it implies that it might be a hybrid when in truth it is it's own variety native to Tobago and also grown in Trinidad. Nobody had plans to mass market any chile here. For nobody knew what CPI's test results would be until Feb. 6 2012. And two years before that I called it the same names "Trinidad Moruga Scorpion" or "Moruga Scorpion". So nobody changed any names after record was announced. It was called by many names beforehand.

Update from the puckerbutt folks facebook page : Sorry I haven't been up to task lately. We are busy getting things ready for this years production. Shelly and Justin will be doing updates with me from this point forward. We meet with our good friend Joe this week and showed him the lab and some of the production. I know there is going to be a great collabertaion between us. I am also in a contest from a small business grant. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. Looks like we'll have @ 100, 000 plants in the ground by May 1 and another 3000 tomatoes. I sure hope that we did the planning correctly, that's a whole lotta peppers and maters. Hope to introduce a hot tomatoe this year. What a gift.

I bet if they grow the tomato's next to the peppers they would get hot! ;)
Something has been nagging me about this, didn't the same company announce
that they were going to have a new worlds record last year @ about this same time? I know I'm old,
but I get "flashbacks" sometimes. :lol:

No offense duffy, but as the guy whose peppers are the current hottest, you have both financial, and pride related reasons to see the competition fall flat.

While you do make some interesting points, I feel like your bias needs called out as well.

Ken

Not my peppers. They are the worlds peppers and by next year everyone and their grandma will be selling them. I will just be another grain of sand on the beach. If I made claims like this guy I would expect everyone to call me out. I state scientific fact you can take or leave it. If you can point out me being at fault with scientific fact then be my guest. You cannot get accurate Scoville ratings on sauces. You cannot create a new variety in a few years. You cannot create a new variety for future growing by stressing it chemically. And if anyone has any credibility as a grower they won't have the wrong pictures representing varieties of seeds they sell on their website! So I will stick to what I have just said here in this post. I will also add that previous statements said by Joe that DNA can prove origin of peppers is false. DNA is not GPS! Also these people stated that over 600 varieties were created. NMSU has created about 40 stable varieties in about 100 years. Monsanto has created about 100 Hybrids of peppers. When I see BS I will call it BS. Dont go throwing in my business with this. I make enough money with my business. I dont have to tear others down to get more business. If I wanted more business I would advertise on here. I am doing just fine. I am a pepper purist and believe in finding out what is real data and what is not. I donated my seeds to CPI not knowing what would happen. I wanted real answers not just opinions on blogs and forums. And I would hope thats what most of you wanted as well. If another pepper, a real pepper gets a new record I will grow it in the future. I don't care about pride. Do you want more info about CPI tests call me. My number is on my website.

I bet if they grow the tomato's next to the peppers they would get hot! ;)
Something has been nagging me about this, didn't the same company announce
that they were going to have a new worlds record last year @ about this same time? I know I'm old,
but I get "flashbacks" sometimes. :lol:
So do i, i think mine are from acid though. :D

The as-yet-unnamed pepper may be one of the hottest ever created,​
Massingill
determined; in fact, the peppers burned her skin several times.​

Wow !! It must be hot, incredibly scientific :D

And what is Winthrop?? Do they have Horticulture studies? Botany studies? or Agricultural studies? Answer is no. So whatever material is presented to them they will test. So whatever they are told they will document. If these guys are serious send samples to some colleges that work for the Ag industry. Labs that know how to test for adulterants in samples. Then send Horticultural documentation to Hort Science or another Scientific journal for peer review. If CPI can do this then everyone else should too. If everything is real there is absolutely nothing to worry about and the new pepper will have greater credibility in the industry. Also have Winthrop do DNA to see if it is 7 pot or Scorpion. Would be nice to know.

You could theoretically get 600 crosses in the same time as it takes to get 1, and they could potentially all be from the same initial cross. But why would anyone want to deal with 600 crosses?
Now the other part of the story that is wrong is that it takes 8 years of growing and a lot of money to get into Guinness. It only takes one sample and not a lot of money.
Joe and puckerbutts also think the mean number is the only important number but unless Guinness has changed the rules, its the highest number they are looking for, not a mean. I can see this pepper beating the current Guinness record, the Scorpion-Butch T, but I personally doubt it wil beat the Trinidad scorpion-morouga blend's 2 mil rating
I don't know how much of Joe's info was straight from Pucker-butts, and what was just his interpretation but I was hoping he would clear up some of these obvious questions.
Another problem I have is, they claim to test 40 lbs of this peppers every year. I'm not saying they don't but first off why, then how.
Now why don't they grow all the known superhots and test all plants under the same environment and conditions for a true comparison. Then they can do another comparison between their special stressed plants and those grown regular.to get real data

I'd expect more pepper seeds on his site if he made 600 varieties. If they were unstable hybrids, then the hybrid section of their seed catalog would be bigger.

patience is a virtue...especially with news we have not heard...time will tell...

and please don't let this thread be a "bashing" thread...for all those that have negativity in their post's, go ahead and cast the first stone...that's all I got to say..

post edited....

Can't agree more.

It is hard to stay positive and quiet when it seems like to some of us, that there is a group of people making an elaborate attempt to misguide the public for the sake of personal gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back