• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Pulled Pork anyone?

Ozzy2001 said:
Yeah I love my WSM. It's so easy to use. My wife text me a couple of time what the temperature was and I told her a couple of vent adjustments. The rest of her texts were 225....225.
You use water pan between heat and meat?

Yeah ... I've implicated that in the pink penetration ... my cook's using the Smokenator involved a water pan between the firebox and the meat, and had more pink penetration ...

Ozzy2001 said:
Yum. I may have to throw one on this weekend when I leave for work and come home to some of that.
I wish my wife would let me do that. She gets all worried about it being a fire hazard if it's unattended while I'm at work. I've tried arguing with her about it, but she has put her foot down.
MaggedOut said:
Smoked a couple shoulders today. Been hitting them with pecan since 9 am
Those look nice, gotta love the pulled pork! Any special sauce you're going to use for that pulled pork?

Thegreenchilemonster said:
I wish my wife would let me do that. She gets all worried about it being a fire hazard if it's unattended while I'm at work. I've tried arguing with her about it, but she has put her foot down.

Those look nice, gotta love the pulled pork! Any special sauce you're going to use for that pulled pork?
Lol we would prefer a fire. Our house is old and I'd love to build a new one.

But actually Lat time I did it, she checked the temp and adjusted the vents :)

Ozzy2001 said:
So I tossed these on this morning before I went to work.
Got home a little while ago. 20degrees to go. :)
Smells heavenly. Can't wait to dig in later.
YYYYYYYYIIIIKKKKKEEEEEESSSSSSS those look amazing great pic of them fresh nice fat content should be incredible Ozzy my man brother you got my BBQ meter pegged to delicious !!!!! Can't wait to see the finished pics. oink oink oink :)

Naw, I rent the apartment out. Doing that shish so tenant can move in. Lol I'm toe up right now. Pulled pork is in foil in the warming drawer. Waiting for wifey to make the sides then I'm pulling the bear claws out to tear it up.

What a great day. Sitting listening to tunes sitting on the patio drankin. Already lined up back rubs/sexy time with the wife later All is good on this hemisphere.
The Hot Pepper said:
That pink penetration is hardcore!
The pink penetration will definitely be hardcore tonight

Sounds Great Ozzy you and the wife have a great evening and enjoy!! whats yer sauce of choice in St Louis ? sweet and heat or vinegar style? :)

Not pulled yet.......But we picked up our hog today. We  buy 1/4 or 1/2's of beef once year, but this is our first hog, I'm pretty pumped up about this one! 230# hanging weight. Pork chops tonight, and pulled pork coming soon!!! 

hog.PNG

Back