• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Pumpkin Hot Pepper

Has anyone grown the pumpkin pepper? I started some plants from seed (Reimer's) and they grow unlike any pepper I've ever grown. The description given says that the peppers look so much like pumpkins that you'll be fooled, but the whole plant looks like a pumpkin plant. The flowers are white with yellow centres(pistills or petioles or something?) which are different from any other pepper I've seen and the leaves are big and jagged. Seems like an interesting ornamental. If anyone has any more info, please let me know. I'll post again when I have ripe fruit.

Hot Potawie
Derek

Awww....they look so cute!

I looked on www.thechileman.org for this one and he has a pic but says "there is no info alvailable" so be sure to email(or pm) him all the info that you have on this so he can keep that great database going.

The brazilian red pumpkin seen at www.thechileman.org appears totally different than the one I'm growing. I'm pretty new to the forum and don't know how to post pics (or if I'm allowed) but I will try to post somewhere. Pic at reimers only shows pepper and not plant or flower. I have no pods yet but flowering good.

Hot Potawie
Derek

POTAWIE said:
The brazilian red pumpkin seen at www.thechileman.org appears totally different than the one I'm growing. I'm pretty new to the forum and don't know how to post pics (or if I'm allowed) but I will try to post somewhere. Pic at reimers only shows pepper and not plant or flower. I have no pods yet but flowering good.

Hot Potawie
Derek

As long as you are posting your own photographs and not linking to someone else's bandwidth, we welcome your photos. Just know that if someone were to take off with them and use them, the forum could not be held responsible. So, if you don't want others downloading the photos ever, I wouldn't post them.

T

POTAWIE said:
Do I need more bottles beside my name to post attachments?
No attachments, linking only. Use image tags.

thehotpepper.com said:
No attachments, linking only. Use image tags.
I'm new to sending pics on this forum but have read elsewhere how to do it. I'll figure it out soon. Thanks

Derek

POTAWIE said:
I think I got it. Here goes. What size is best?

That size is about perfect Derek.

um, er... what is it a picture of???

(and all you smart alecks can save your typing... I know it's a plant.)

Back