• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Pumpkin Hot Pepper

Once again this is not the brazilian pumpkin(Reimers) but the pumpkin hot pepper(Reimers). They don't look at all the same.

imaguitargod said:
That's such a weird plant...
Almost looks like flowers I had on a solanum pseudocapscicum plant
Anyway a very weird plant, and it doesn't look annuum at all. I'm looking forward to see how this one proceeds! Very interresting plant you've got there!
Greetings Remi

Wow that is a crazy looking plant. Do we really know what the classification is? Reimers states Baccatum. I wonder if it is by itself. I just checked "The Chile Pepper Encyclopedia" and it doesn't make any mention of a hot pumpkin any where. Must be a recent cross or find? Pardon me, but I must tend to my hot watermelon.

A new pic. Notice the deformation on the bottom of some. Looks like a spinny top or dradle. Lots of pods now but none ripe.

They really do look like little tomatos until they turn orange. Many mutants on my biggest plant. I plan on tasting one soon. Wouldn't it be neat to have a hot tomato. Makes me think of Homer Simpson's Tomacco plant(tomato crossed with tobacco)

Sure does look like a tomato plant in the way the sucker shoot comes off the branch. Hmmmm. Very strange.

Here's a final picture of my Pumpkin pepper plant. One I won't be growing again. I tasted it and it was just awful. Sort of neat looking but not worth the effort.:D

Thanks alot guys my GF saw these Pics and their soooo cute she just has to get some. Are there any other varieties that have similar appearance. with good flavor

Back