• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Pumpkins?

My wife wanted to try growing pumpkins this year so we could have all our friends' kids over to pick some out for Halloween this year. She dropped 6 seeds in 4 different mounds and anywhere from 4-6 seeds have sprouted on each mound. Does anyone in here have experience with pumpkins? I'm just curious how the plant grows and any specific tips on care for those plants that might be unique to pumpkins.

I saved seeds from some really cool pumpkins last year and put 50 or so in the ground.

They all seem to have come up!

They will vine out maybe 20 or 30 feet if they can.

This is our first year too, so I am not sure what care tips to offer.

Very cool!

Mine were in fact gourds, now that I think about it. They were like medium sized orange pumpkins with warts all over.

They were hard as hell.

I carved them with a drill and my dremel tool. Broke a dremmel bit as I recall!;)

But they are probably similar. Thanks for the link.

Two pumpkins in the ground. Can't wait to harvest, one of the highlights of last fall were the seeds. I slathered them in my homemade hot sauce and roasted them and they were incredible.
Gonna go for using the flesh more this year, as well.

I started 4 Giant Atlantics this spring, but all 4 died in my move from Minnesota to west Texas. Aparently, pumpkins don't like road trips.

Back