labels Pure Evil label #2 update

salsalady

Business Member
EDIT- added another label on Pg2-

It's time for more Pure Evil labels. 

This is the label that goes on the metal tin.  I've removed the words "food additive", kept "non-extract", should it say "1.5mil SHU"?  Any other comments?

View attachment PE2015 front copy.pdf

Hopefully the pdf will show, if not, please hang tight while I edit. 
Hmmm, BRB with a picture~~~

OK- here's a picture of the label in Adobe.  Let me know what you think~
IMG_4820.JPG

The Hot Pepper said:
No worries
When i want something hotter i add more peppers.  I was just curious about her font and usage in general as Im working on my own label so i asked a question, i didnt know i was going to have my ass spanked over it.  but i suspect its really just persecution for my anti-extract point of view :cheers:

LOL nah, but I have tried her product in a curry I got from Thai take-out and it works really well. Jungle curry is a non-coconut curry, it's very brothy, it was not hot enough and I added drops until I was satisfied. No flavor change, and it kicked it up real good. So I know it works well in brothy curries, soups, etc and imagine works well in chili, gumbo.

As for the fonts I just misread your intent. Yes you can manipulate fonts. And to use them, make sure they have a commercial-use license attached or just google the font name to check. Most fonts do, if they say personal use only in the license file when you download from "free font" sites, there is usually an email to contact the author. If going commercial with anything it is advised.

The fonts I use are whatever is included with MS or Word or Adobe Illustrator.  They are so old I think Guttenburg had a set.  The logo was custom drawn from an existing font, so it's not really that font any more.

Topsmoke, I share your anti-extract point of view, that's why Pure Evil is not an "extract".  ;) 

Back onto labels topic~
I'm looking at options for the salsa tub labels and thought I had the perfect solution for affordable labels, combined with shrink wrap/safety seals required by larger markets....for use with my salsa tubs that are the size and shape of cottage cheese or sour cream cartons.  Slightly tapered down the sides...

A custom printed shrink wrap sleeve with a tear off top band!  .... yea!!!...until the shrink wrap rep explained that when the top band is removed so the lid can come off...the rest of the shrink band falls off the tapered tub.  :doh:

back to the drawing board......

Thanks, Boss. Those square tubs are tapered like the round ones I use. I have safety seals for the tubs. I was hoping to print up a sleeve that would cover the whole tub and have the zip off safety seal band at the top. It would put the logo, info, NIP, bar code....all that on the shrink sleeve. One application and everything would be on the tub. Until it falls off when the top band is removed.

I inquired about printing on the tubs and minimum order is 48,000 units. Looks like it's back to stickers.

I need some feedback on a couple things on those labels, I'll start a thread soon.

It was mentioned to use a straight sided container. I haven't done a whole lot of research into that but what I have seen is... most cold pack deli containers have tapered sides. The straight sided containers are plastic jars with screw on lids and run about a dollar each compared to the tubs which are about .18 each.

The 16 oz square like I posted, I have salsa in the fridge in it. Round label on top, rectangular on front and back. It is only slightly tapered there is no warping/buckling of the sticker whatsoever. It's tapered but on a plane so flat.

Back