vendor Purple Bhutt form Smokinasschilli OZ

6904347300_1c27955bcc_b.jpg

Thnx for posting your pic coz I got a 50pk of them yet to pop and it looks purple to me. I'm only a noob so will be fun to have some of them in the greenhouse.

I think they eventually turn red to be honest from what I've heard- but if they're purple for few weeks and turn red later, who cares man. Just having a ripe chilli would make me happy, that's just me.

Bhut%20Jolokia%20Purple(1).png
5fe73ff907b156099eb6ad17a35f3b63.image.250x187.jpg
These are young buds - not full grown mate

It's a little confusing to me, to be frank! I see so many chilli photo claiming to be this and that. I trust your judgement.

IMG_3686PurpleBhutJolokia1.jpg

These are from Superhot post I believe- I hope he doesn't mind me using photo to show.

Interesting. They look kind of C. annuum like the way the stem meets the pod, but in no way do they look like bhuts. Maybe a chinense X annuum cross
Looking at it closely, I can see what you mean. My brother will just be happy to see a chilli after a poor season.

That last set of pics look right. That's exactly how mine looked last year, except mine was bigger because of a bigger pot. They DO turn red. Not very hot, and dont taste too great. Not terrible, but not good. The ONLY reason I would ever grow them again is because they look flippin cool!

Great looking plant and pods!!

I got my seeds from Chris and have 5 growing right now. His pics looks just like yours. I can't wait to try them out. Make sure to let us know how much you like them.

Yes they do turn red.

Back