• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

purple moruga?

That is the exact reason I love growing purple plants. 

I have Pimente De Neyde and purple flash simply because the leaves and stems are so pretty in a field of colored peppers.

Dia Atton said:
That is the exact reason I love growing purple plants. 

I have Pimente De Neyde and purple flash simply because the leaves and stems are so pretty in a field of colored peppers.
I crossed a 7 pot Jonah with a Pimenta de Neyde. The leaves are gorgeous in the F1s.

Yes talking about peppers can drive a spouse crazy especially if she isn't into peppers, what you can try is get a fancy flower pot and plant a pepper in it and set it on a stand near the front door so that anyone that comes in will see it if it has ripe pods developing that much better, you'd be suprised about people that see it and will ask about the pepper, that will give you the excuse to talk about it.
very interesting plant, I hope it has lots of color and gives you the purple pods that you want, if you are at F1 or F2 with it you will have fun picking out the types your looking for next season.
When you get to F8 you will have the pepper you want. Oh yes Pics the more the better.

Back