• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Put the new Pistol through it's paces.

Springfield Armory XD(M) 3.8" Compact .45. I had time to put one box through it.

All rounds were 230gr FMJ shot indoors at 25 feet.

DSC027122300x1725_zps01af1a51.jpg

13 rounds relatively rapid fire. I wanted to see how quickly I could get back on target and another round off. Focused on center mass. The recoil on this is surprisingly light and this was my first time shooting it.

DSC027112300x1725_zps7972d366.jpg

9 rounds but slowed down a little. I need to work on my aiming. I tend to put the target on top of the front sight. Still I'm confident in my abilities to put a round on target.

DSC027102300x1725_zps735e9949.jpg

13 rounds. This was take your time and focused. These are while adjusting my aim point.

The fourth target is kind of embarrassing so I'm going to hide it. It was shot with my off hand and it's obvious I need to practice more. Although all but one round was in the yellow.

I think I really like this gun.

Good shooting, do you have a lot of ammo where you're at? Around my part of town the gun store I go to only had about 12 boxes of ammo. Only 45's. You couldn't get even a single .22 round!

I really like the Springfield XD and nice to see how it can shoot. The grouping on the 3rd pic is pretty dang tight..
Nice job Patrick!
I was going to check one out at the gun show last weekend but never made it there. I just may have to take a road trip to Bud's and see it for myself.

Nice shooting Patrick. I have a 1911 as my 45, but I like the XD as well. Come to think of it, it is about time to buy another gun......

Are you carrying that one? If so, in what holster. I'm always looking for new carry guns.

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Good shooting, do you have a lot of ammo where you're at? Around my part of town the gun store I go to only had about 12 boxes of ammo. Only 45's. You couldn't get even a single .22 round![/background]

Plenty of pistol ammo here, but 223 is fairly scarce and expensive, but available.

Any gun guy who has been around guns since the first time the Emperor was elected should have known this was coming (he was really only looking for an excuse to reveal his agenda) and stocked up.

You know you can reload those things if you save your brass. A box of 500 lead bullets is only $40 or so. A little gunpowder and primers and you are on your way to $7.00/box .45ACP.

Only place I've checked for ammo lately is Cabela,s. They had a limit of under 10 boxes that day. Out of .38 and the only .223 available was tracer. At the range today I seen people buying 50 rd boxes of .223.

I am truly amazed how people are reacting to the current situation.

I always police my brass but haven't started reloading. Did it as a kid with my pops. I don't shoot enough anymore.

Back