• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Queequeg grows stuff, and fixes junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
plants:
if they look crumy, its because they are.
need water and ive been lazy, ill go back out there and water them at some point today.
also got SMASHED last night by some nasty wind...

victim of mine, not the wind. pvc hose sliped off the table and snapped it.
serrano dosent seem to care though. we shall see what happens...

lettuce plants.

cactus plants.

tobacco plants from last winter... i chopped these down to a stump but they grew back. ive not watered these what so ever since last... december ?
no clue why they are alive still.

fertigation machine. in pieces.

my intention here is to shrink the system down substantiall.... such that it fits into the trunk of my car. im going to fold my old design into 2 pieces... and push the frame out into the third dimension.
im also going to add a filtration system. the filtration will require a far more substantial pump, so im going to just mount this onto the frame as well as the filter.

my fancy pump. grundfos up15-58 with a custom plastic head from some other hydronic heating company.

can anyone identify this plug? if so i will kiss your mouth.
spent like an hour on the molex website... im 60% sure its not a molex branded connector.

Just for comparison, Porter Cable Router Table is $175 and Festooll low end one is $1200. For the money and options, you can't go wrong with Porter Cable. You can make table extensions for the PC router table too if you need to do long work.

Alright, I'll quit sounding like a tool nazi and let you continue posting your cool projects. lol

Hey guys. I would love your opinion on something.

IMG_7018.JPG

IMG_7019.JPG

I just replaced my furnace and hot water heater with the above. It is a furnace/hot water heater combo.

The old furnace sat on the platform in the second picture. It appears to be patio blocks testing on mortar/concrete.

How hard will it be to remove that without damaging the basement floor?

Tc1010, if it is in fact on top of the slab, it should just chip right off, try a hammer and a cold chisel and see what happens. If for some reason, the concrete was poured around the bricks, (sometimes they did this in an attempt to resurface the floor by pouring more concrete over the original), then you're going to need to bust it out of there and patch the hole. Not a big deal. Therea million products for patching those kind of holes but until we know how deep it is, I will refrain from recomending a certain one.

Try tapping it with a hammer to see what's going on, if it doesn't chip off you can rent a roto-hammer to assist you. There's an assortment of chisel attatchments to make the job easier.

Go get a hemmer, take some pics and report back!

IMG_1042.JPG

IMG_1043.JPG

Scoville DeVille said:
Just for comparison, Porter Cable Router Table is $175 and Festooll low end one is $1200. For the money and options, you can't go wrong with Porter Cable. You can make table extensions for the PC router table too if you need to do long work.

Alright, I'll quit sounding like a tool nazi and let you continue posting your cool projects. lol
lol yea i know all about festool madness.

just about the only tool of theirs i thought about buying was their track saw... but the makita is like 300 bucks less so ill prob. just get that one instead.

you ever price one of those festool dominos? they are cool as shit, but holy hell they cost more than my car.

tctenten said:
I wasnt sure if they would have set the bricks in mortar...luckily they did not. Sometimes you get lucky.
nice work.

if it takes an extra 10 minutes, your average home builder will NOT do it. sometimes this is good ... most of the time it isnt.

ive had to check every stud cavity with a laser thermometer because they just skipped insulating a bunch of shit... like behind the oven, over the doors, and behind the pantry etc.

such shit bag work in the 70's.
i like all your fancy copper plumbing... is your whole place copper?

you should spray it with urethane sealer to keep it all shined up lol.

I will be around tonight TC. We'll see how late tho. hahaha

Yeah QQ, I don't buy wood tools anymore. My General Contracting home building days are over. I still have my GC license and $5 million in insurance, but I do tile exclusively now. The last house I built, 13 odd years ago was a burn down 100% replacement. Dealing with SAFECO insurance was enough for me to call it quits.

That said, even tho I wouldn't buy any Festool brand anything, it's all the rage here. Vacuum tables, chop saws etc etc etc. I have my own expensive shit that I buy now but just tile related.

Two years ago, I bought these. $4,000 worth of grouting tools. Not for the homeowner obviously but to make money, you gotta save time. With these two tools, I can (by myself), grout and wash about 600 sq. ft. in an hour.

IMG_1045.JPG

IMG_1046.JPG

IMG_1044.JPG

IMG_1047.JPG

holy shit that stuff looks BAD ASS.

that top one packs grout automatically? does it have a grout hopper or pump or something?

the sponge thing looks amazing... i cant even imagine how much time that would save you, even if you still had to do a final clean up or what ever.

and yea, festool stuff is out of my price range, but i think they make nice tools. i certainly can see why a contractor would buy them... im guessing one good trim job would pay for that kapex miter saw... mabey another job to pay for the nice vacuum etc.

their sanders are supposed to be amazing too.

the festool drywall sander is supposed to be stupid good on dust collection... but its like 4x the cost of the common porter cable one.

their MFT table is really cool as well... but you can pretty much achieve the same shit with common toggle clamps and some other common jigs.

It's totally bad ass! It's also much better on the body.

I have never needed to mix more than 4 bags of grout at one time (100 lbs). That does a shit-ton of square footage. Once the grout is mixed, I dump it out on the floor in rows, then turn that thing on and it does the work, right up next to walls, even. Every so often I take my grout rake (it looks like a floor squeegee) and pull it all into rows again. The beauty is, I can mix the grout stiffer which makes the grout stronger.

Once it's all grouted, the floor sponge comes out and,... once, over the tile... done. When it's dry, I take of the grout paddle attachment and put on a buffing pad (3 different grits), and buff the haze off. So fricken easy. I could grout an entire mall in a couple days. LOL

THe grouting tool, has dozens of attatchments for it including a carbide disc (mine is 36 grit) that I use for subfloor prep. T&G plywood with raised seems, paint and drywall crap, or a concrete slab that needs scoring. I effen LOVE that tool!

IMG_1048.JPG

queequeg152 said:
their MFT table is really cool as well... but you can pretty much achieve the same shit with common toggle clamps and some other common jigs.
True! It is pretty badass, but not very usefull for sanding an entire house trim package with base, sills, window wraps, door trims etc. And I can vouch for their vacuums, they have that shit dialed in and the filter only needs cleaning about every 6 hours of use. Still tho... $$$$$
I don't own one but plenty around here do. Sweet vacuums!

4 grout bags rofl.

i was mixing up a little drywall spackle trough at a time... and still a handful or two was going off before i could get it all down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back