• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Question for those who sell plants.

It ultimately comes down to your market. There is no real added value for me with super-hotties. They don't cost any more to grow, they don't sell particularly well for me, and there just seems to be a lot more demand for jalapenos and bells. Where you may make some extra sales is by advertising hottest peppers in the world, and even some non chileheads will buy just for the macho factor or the fact that they recently heard about them on TV. Also everybody has at least one friend they want to punish:)

HA!

Mine is a more basic reason -

Superhots are for home consumption, and not for sharing with my public!! Lololol!

treemanjohn said:
Wow $1 each and supers for $2? Shit I should buy from you! I sell commons (4"- 6" plants) for $5 and supers for $10. I use plastic picnic knives as markers and write on them with a Sharpie. They're great and only cost $5 a thousand.

No one around here sells superhots. The only thing close I have seen is fataliis and that's just pods. The only hot plants you can buy are Thais and Orange or Red Habs. I want to introduce them cheap so they sell. Next year that will increase demand and I will be able to get more. If I sell them all then that is that many people that will come back next year. Hopefully next year I will be able to sell more and for more money.

Back