• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

question from a newbie

i was wondering how to go about using epson salts on my pepper plants do i just spary it on them , how much do i use per. water etc....also i see alot of beautiful plants on here with all this white stuff around the base of the peppers is this Perilite or what

mrmulcher said:
i was wondering how to go about using epson salts on my pepper plants do i just spary it on them , how much do i use per. water etc....also i see alot of beautiful plants on here with all this white stuff around the base of the peppers is this Perilite or what

1 tablespoon per gallon sprayed on the leaves... some people add a drop of dish soap to lower the surface tension of the water which helps prevent the spray from forming beads on the leaves.

And yeah, that is probably perilite that you see.

I have used Epsom Salts before and it seemed to green everything up real nicely. I just mixed 1 Tablespoon with 1 gallon of warm water. I then sprayed it on the plants. I very lightly watered with it also.

Here is a link to another thread. Inside, you'll find a link to an Epsom Salts page with some real good info.

http://www.thehotpepper.com/showthread.php?t=5413

Hope this helps ya...

I use it regularly once buds appear at the rate of 1ts per 9 litres (one watering can) weekly/fortnightly, applied to leaves and soil

welcome to THP mrmulcher

Chilliman64 has posted some good info on it in the thread linked to in my signature, scroll down to his post!

...and yeah... welcome to THP!

Back