• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Quick ... pass me the resuscitator

I've committed a very evil crime .... I treated this poor little fella really badly.

DSC01285.JPG

He was originally germinated in October last year, didnt really grow properly, ended up in a pot full of really crap soil, left outside, never watered, yet the sucker still lives.

So, I thought I'd try an experiment and see if I could revive the little thing. It's been repotted in some decent quality soil (supposedly good for tomatoes - has blood and bone) mixed with 50/50 perlite/vermiculite and trying some Dutchmaster One nutrients severely diluted from my hydro setup.

After a few days, it looks a little more perky already.

DSC01289.JPG

Be very interesting to see what comes of it.

I hate to bring the A word up but the last picture of the plant with the odd looking leaves looks like A damage to me...not saying it is, JMO

Oh you mean Aphid damage?

I better check my bloody tent then, if I've introduced an infestation into the tent I'll me mighty upset.

I'm remaining positive for ya...I think that since it is perking up after what you already did to it that there is still some hope. Just be sure to thoroughly check your plants for the enemy as a precaution. ;)

I've just ordered some Neem Oil as a precaution anyway.

Like I said, it was sitting outside the entire time, this is the first time I've had this plant in my grow tent. I've read that aphids need certain wavelengths of light for them to be able to navigate properly when flying, so I wonder if the 600W lamp I have is emitting that range or not, which could assist.

I have a bunch of my seedlings/midsize plants that have that same kind of leaf problems and I have been fighting aphids for about a month or a little longer now...I think the nutes I am giving them are a complete diet..will have to read more about my ferts.

that plant looks great! we fuss with them too much when all they crave for is water and light and maybe a little compost - less is more.

Back