• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Rain, rain and more rain... advice

I'm a newbie growing my first crop of WalMart pepper plants (actually from bonnieplants.com)... anyway...

tons of rain in the last few days and no end in sight...

have a habanero and jalapeno that are fruiting and four baby plants (hot banana, giant marconi, red chili and serrano) growing in containers...

my gut is to pull the fruiting plants under roof and let them dry out but leave the baby plants get wet...

what do y'all think?

When they are planted out on the farm, who pulls them in from the rain? As long as the containers have holes, you'll be fine IMO. Maybe some nutes will wash out, just give them more. Protect them from strong winds if you can though.

Hey neighbor!Welcome to the forum!We live in a unique area which has some pretty specific requirements for growing peppers.Because of our frequent rain,and poor soil quality,it's best to grow in pots or buckets,and use a good quality medium,and nutrients.I happen to just have some new sprouts and plants comming up I can spare.I'll be glad to share info on where to get supplies in our area if you like.PM me.

personally if anything, I would remove the baby plants from getting too soaked. I agree with bigT that rain is just one of those things that happens and they'll be fine if you have drainage, but sometimes if it's raining day after day after day and the plants are in containers I'll pull them out of the soaking wet. I figure if it's within my control to get the roots out of soaking water for days on end, I try to do that.

Back