• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

raise grow beds??

I have a 20' x 16' raised bed that's made out of treated lumber that I had left over from another project. It's comprised of a 4" x 6" base with a 4" x 4" top run to hold it all together square. I have very sandy soil; so I amend each year with compost, manure, etc. I hand turn the soil to a depth of 10" or so; like to get out and work up a little sweat in the spring (and drink some beers after). Seems to work O.K. for me. Just another "yankee's" 2 cents. Peace.

not saying treated lumber is bad, however, I have heard talk of the treatment on the lumber leaching into the soil...

I don't know if I would want to eat peppers that had the lumber treatment in them...

again, I don't know this for a fact, but I was concerned enough to use cinder blocks instead...

The article is about CCA and only glosses over ACQ, which is the only type I've seen at the store. What is the safety of that? What about the water repellent?

no problem MPG...just passing along what I had "heard"...not saying it was law at all...

and besides...I am a cheapskate and the blocks were cheaper than the wood was...

thats why they make vanilla and chocolate...

Back