• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Raleigh / Durham NC area

In June I will be going to a conference at Duke Univ. and staying with a relative somewhere in the Raleigh area. I know there a bunch of NC people here, so can anyone clue me into a hot sauce shop or a restaurant that serves good hot food, I'd appriciate it if you could clue me in.

dreamtheatervt said:
In June I will be going to a conference at Duke Univ. and staying with a relative somewhere in the Raleigh area. I know there a bunch of NC people here, so can anyone clue me into a hot sauce shop or a restaurant that serves good hot food, I'd appriciate it if you could clue me in.

I thjink there is some sort of "hot" ice cream shop in that area.

When i lived there in 93-96, there used to be a hot sauce store in the Crabtree Valley mall just north of the beltway. I can't remember the name of the place, but that's the place i had my first taste of a "true" hot sauce. I had to show off to my girlfriend at the time and took a full spoonful of Pain is Good Batch #37 garlic hot sauce and blew my freakin' skull apart right there on the spot. And no, she wasn't impressed at all.;)

6/23/2007 Durham, NC Special Olympics
Adrienne Grant 919-381-1540
Description: Bull City Chili Challenge

Location: Durham Central Park, corner of Foster Street and Corporation, Durham, NC

Back