• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Random Curiosities

This entire thread has inspired me to stick with the community.Your all very welcoming and seem to be just like me deep down. Thank you very very much for all the inspiring words. I got the gardening instinct from my mom,she used to plant cabbage and basic vegetables and it always inspired me to try it for myself.

I haven't grown anything as of yet but really want to start with fruits,veggies,peppers and what not

dash 2 said:
     Those people need to have a 7-pot thrown at their eyeball.

Same here...
It's nice to see a Pokemon fan on the forum as well.

Also,thank you all for welcoming me so nicely.I don't see that very often in communties nowadays

PepperLover said:
lol thats one of the problems i face each year.
deer dont like nightshade plants; peppers, tomatoes, eggplants, they just take bites of few plants enough to taste them, then leave them alone .  
Deer in my area like pods though. It's actually really funny to watch, because they bounce all over the place. Fifteen minutes it cools off, then they do it again.
dash 2 said:
     Those people need to have a 7-pot thrown at their eyeball.

Same here...
Exactly. In both parts of it.

Davee24 said:
I dont have any balconies myself though. My apartment isn't growing friendly it seems

People have called me weird for liking that hobby. It's hard to explain

Others have already responded, but I want to say again...

If "they" think you're weird for growing things, yer hanging around the wrong crowd!  Hang out on THP for a while and... trust me....  Growing things will be the least of your worries!  Pretty soon you'll be drying a few pods here, freezing a couple pods there, and before you know it....you'll be (GASP!)  MAKING YOUR OWN HOT SAUCE!!!!   What would your mates think of That?!?!???  :lol:

I'm speaking tongue-in-cheek and with sincerest welcome to you.  Apartment growing is totally do-able, there's some cool easy-to-make vertical ladder type systems that work well. 

And there are several young members here that do chile reviews, eat hot stuff, into growing....age isn't an issue.

:welcome: and happy growing!
salsalady

Honestly, I find it weird when people aren't into growing their own food. It's fun, easy, cheap and totally rad! Welcome! Plant seeds, sing songs!

Back