• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification.

Random musings of a first-year grower

A hamster would have learned by now:

My girlfriend loves her hot sauces, and is the initial reason I got into making them again. When I buy/grow new chillies, she has a habit of saying "Can I try one?"
Usually, this is followed by "OW MOTHERFECKER, MILK, QUICK!". And then the next time I buy/grow a chilli, the cycle repeats and I hear "Can I try one?".

Poor, poor plants:

Wandering nurseries, I occasionally come across a cheap, poorly-looking plant of a variety I don't have. And for some reason, I find myself shelling out the dollar or two to buy it, all the while hearing a voice in my head state "It hasn't been cared for, some looking after and it will be fine". I'm usually right too. Yet I'll sometimes grab a sickly plant over a healthier looking one, just to see if I can get it healthy.

That's not a good one:

The girl is cutting up a mixed-bean salad, and asks for some mild chillies to throw in with it. I grab some Bantam and Sevilles for her, and get back to the BBQ.

All of a sudden I hear "ARGH, THAT'S NOT A GOOD ONE!"

So I ask, "What's a good one?"

"One that doesn't burn my tongue when I lick it".

Nice Puppy:

The girlie is a fan of animals, so I showed her This pic of the Bloodhounds and Douglah chilli. Her response? "I want a Bloodhound Chilli... but you won't make me lick it!"

Will add more as I think of them.

So, ya got a girl who's not afraid to stick something new in her mouth, and you've got the Mother Goose thing going on with your plants....

I can't wait to hear more! :woohoo:

Sounds like my wife...other than she hides the pain. I always have to eat (or try to eat) more so she doesnt out do me. Last year I got some dried bhut's and I had a bite of one..didnt think much of it..figured the drying process took away the heat. Well I told her this while i was at work so she ate one ( think the whole thing). She ended up in a fetal position on the kitchen floor! lmao
Anyway, when I get home, she thinks I tricked her. So to prove I didnt, I ate another one. Well, this time..holy hell...i about died. Not sure what was up with the first one I ate but it wasn't hot. The second one on the other hand...WOW..dried or not..it was a burner.

Back