• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

RANT about a couple things

ok, so i brought a douglah seedling to work to see how much better plants grow here as i am 15 miles inland from my apt, it was growing great! last night i forgot to bring it in from outside and some one fucking stole my plant! i am guessing it was a fucking homeless douchebag thinking it was a weed plant! i am pissed!

second one, i bought a very nice corkscrew for my wife for her birthday from Amazon, and well acording to the tracking number it arrived at my zones post office Dec 1st, so i called the post office to try and make sure it was getting delivered that day the lady told me over the phone she was "too busy" to help me, so i called another post office to see if that was normal and it was not so he called there and went above her head, and well zoom to last night, i am speaking with the mail carrier and no package then, now i am pissed as he told me there were a few boxes that were empty(was not sure if one was mine or not) so i chatted with amazon and they told me the post office delayed the delivery of my package till Dec8th! WTF is that even legal, as the tracking number has no update and its sitting at the post office. anyone know if that is legal for them to do as i really want this lady to loose her job!

Man Eric that sucks someone stole your Douglah. Nothing I hate more than thieves :(

As for you against the post office it is a no win stuation.I have no idea if it is legal but I'm sure the post office has some type of portocol to protect them from shiat like that. Sounds like they sent your package to the wrong address. Did you use Paypal. If so I would get my money back.

Dude that blows....OMG!
To bad the capsaicin is not made in the leaves that would teach the thief a lesson. Well I don't have any douglah seeds but I could send you some peter pepper, bhut jolokia,Trinidad scorpion, or Trinidad 7 pot seeds to make you feel better.
Oh yah time for the pepper dance. :dance:
Send me a pm

don't ever leave your babies unattended unless they are in your locked back yard, especially if they are "special"....hard lesson to learn...sorry you had to learn this way...

as far as the Post Office goes....F'em...use another method of shiping...UPS or FedEx come to mind..

don't ever leave your babies unattended unless they are in your locked back yard, especially if they are "special"....hard lesson to learn...sorry you had to learn this way...

as far as the Post Office goes....F'em...use another method of shiping...UPS or FedEx come to mind..
thanks guys! good news is that it was not stolen! a co-worker grabbed it for me and its been in his office! he just came in and told me! :dance: :dance: :dance:
i called the post office and spoke to the post master and he has benn gettting numerous complaints about this lady! if i can choose i will never get anything delivered to my apt as my office gets stuff faster it seems!

thanks for the seed offer! i have plenty of seeds so sprout!

Spongey, are you going to "reward" your co-worker for their nice deed with douglah pod?

Dude that sucks! I was hoping it was weed but I got Douglahs instead. . . . . I mean the homeless guy got Douglahs instead. Luckily, there will always be another season and more pods to grow. We all mourn your loss brother. :(

Spongey, are you going to "reward" your co-worker for their nice deed with douglah pod?
i have given him plenty of pods, but once this little guy gets big enough and has pods all co-workers are able to take one or 2 home!
he was planted in this pot 9/18/11 and here he is today
IMAG0749.jpg

IMAG0748.jpg

This is an awesome place for ranting! I'm glad it turned out for you tho, with the plant, P.O. sucks.
me too! i was about to have to bring my sickly plant here and see if i cant turn it around! i seriously think that Bitch at the post office did something to my package! as it was there on the 1st and i live 5 min from there but i work the same hours they are open!

well, i got home to find an empty box on my porch! with a note that says the post office recieved it 12/1/11 but delivered it today! WTF now i have to wait 3-5 days for my refund as they dont have my item in stock! fuck amazon and the post office!

Spongey that sucks big hairy balls... I hope things get worked out. ::fingers crossed you can find another good present for your wife in time::

Spongey that sucks big hairy balls... I hope things get worked out. ::fingers crossed you can find another good present for your wife in time::
thanks! the problem is that i dont have the money to buy another item till the refund hits my account! which blows elephant balls! you would think in this case amazon would find the item even if from a different seller and refund me the difference and have it overnighted to me! i mean it only makes sense since i got an empty box tonight! that would make their wrong right!

Good luck getting any help from the PO. A lot of employees in CA recently found out they are getting their pink slips soon so a lot of them have a go FU attitude now as they know it's just a matter of time. UPS ground for everything in my book.

How the hell do you end up with an empty box? The robots do their job no matter what?

Edit: Whats a pink slip in regards to the PO's?

How the hell do you end up with an empty box? The robots do their job no matter what?
i have no idea! the box says that the post office recieved it 12/1/11 and it took them 5 days to deliver it to me after i raised hell! and when the post master called me back he said " i found your box" fucking guy never mentioned it was empty! so that night i had to contact amazon to get a refund as "supposedly" the box arrived empty to the post office i think the dumb bitch took it. but either way i get to wait for the refund before i can buy another gift! its frustrating that they did not delivery it on 12/2 so i could have started the refund progress! and now with xams getting closer the post office will be even slower, soo looks like UPS from now on!

Edit: Whats a pink slip in regards to the PO's?

A lot of USPS workers are getting pink slipped. Meaning losing their jobs because our country is going more and more into debt. The USA is going broke so mailmen are getting let go and some post offices (mine included) is cutting Saturday services. :crazy: How our country is so broke but the white house still got 8 huge fresh Christmas trees... wonder who paid for that??? Not. Anyway sorry kinda got on a rant. Just sick of stupidity. No more talk like that SORRY EVERYONE.

Here in Ca. they already closed a lot of the smaller post offices on the weekends(DMV too).

In Ca. they don't stop spending $ on freeloaders or giving people rediculous paychecks for doing little to nothing.

They cut services and raise taxes.

Free rides/grants etc. on the State are more important than taking care of Tax paying , productive citizens are in general.

I'd say your package was opened and the goods stolen.

What company is going to waste time shipping an empty box with a tracking #?

If they were into ripping you off they wouldn't send anything and say they did.

It doesn't sound like your item was high end/mucho bucks so it wouldn't be profitable to pay an employee to send out empty boxes.
Easier to string you along or just ignore you if they really were into ripping people off.

Most rip offs take your $ and are gone.

Here in Ca. they already closed a lot of the smaller post offices on the weekends(DMV too).

In Ca. they don't stop spending $ on freeloaders or giving people rediculous paychecks for doing little to nothing.

They cut services and raise taxes.

Free rides/grants etc. on the State are more important than taking care of Tax paying , productive citizens are in general.

I'd say your package was opened and the goods stolen.

What company is going to waste time shipping an empty box with a tracking #?

If they were into ripping you off they wouldn't send anything and say they did.

It doesn't sound like your item was high end/mucho bucks so it wouldn't be profitable to pay an employee to send out empty boxes.
Easier to string you along or just ignore you if they really were into ripping people off.

Most rip offs take your $ and are gone.
my thoughts exactly! i am getting my money back and will pay extra for UPS/FEDEX or just have it shipped to my office where the people that work there are kind and friendly

Back