• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Really bad looking leaves : (

I can't figure out whats causing it and it happens pretty often. The leaves on some of my plants grow in either really bumpy and disfigured or completely bunched up, twisted and really really damaged looking. The first 4 pics are what I am referring to, the rest are just for fun. :)

DSC00616.jpg

DSC00615.jpg

DSC00614.jpg

DSC00613.jpg

DSC00617.jpg

DSC00612.jpg

DSC00611.jpg

DSC00610.jpg

DSC00609.jpg

DSC00608.jpg

Wouldn't that be affecting my other plant then too? The two currently affected are a hot cherry and a naga morich, but more so the hot cherry. And I have 3 Naga's and only one seems to be affected by whatever is causing this.

Ahh yea that might be it. It just rained for about 2 days straight down here, would that possibly help wash out some excess nitrogen?

Ahh yea that might be it. It just rained for about 2 days straight down here, would that possibly help wash out some excess nitrogen?

It may! but the excess water also force feeds the plant a little during that time giving it that extra shot. result leaf curl a bud deformities.

Are these chinense? In my experience, the chinense do this when there is a calcium deficit. We usually add a dilute solution of cal-mag on a regular basis. It doesn't hurt and seems to help some of the curl problems in the chinense. Otherwise, we have never noticed a reduction in harvest or production and don't usually over worry about it.

Kendra

Wouldn't that be affecting my other plant then too? The two currently affected are a hot cherry and a naga morich, but more so the hot cherry. And I have 3 Naga's and only one seems to be affected by whatever is causing this.

That is interesting you say that because it is always my Naga Morichs that start acting like that first, sometimes they are the only ones if I catch it early it is just the nagas ( I Travel a lot so sometimes I am away for a week at a time ) but if I catch it late they all start doing that, but when I turn the space heater on they get back to normal within two days.

Could also be overwatered .. some of my red bhuts did that and when I repotted them some of the roots seemed to have some moldish fuzz growing

Just my experiences I am sharing, I won't say I am right though because it has just been trial and error and teaching myself!

Hope it helps

xo nicole

Hmm well my temps on average are 87 F/ 30 C high ( noon ) and 72 F/ 22 C lows ( night ). Would that be enough to cause this kind of damage? Thanks for the help guys, your awesome. :)

That's my guess as well. It looks like a nute issue. What are you feeding them? how often? etc.

Well I was feeding them those miracle-gro single packets but I switched to fish emulsion and Epson salt every two weeks, after I found out how bad miracle-gro chemical fertilizers can be. I switched about a little over a month ago.

I would say kinda what was already mentioned. The bumps are probably lack of calcium. A few of the pics look like they may have been over fertilized (burnt look)...my opinion

Back