• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Reaper Bhut Jarhut F4

I think this rude man's antics detract from legitimate pod reviews.

I recently had the pleasure of watching Rymerpt review a pod. Excellently.

Georgej did his best review yet, imho. It wasn't his best because it was a ferociously hot 7-pot white, but because the young man is getting comfortable in front of a camera. You might say he's getting his game face on. Looks good on him.

Slosh and his chums give me a good chuckle every time i watch their hot sauce reviews from Australia. Their 25 consecutive reviews as a countdown to xmas were priceless, and at least as fun as any other holiday activity.

After the glogs and forum members taught me what i could grow, Nigel Carter's reviews were the final database i used to select my seed order; his ability to accurately describe flavors told me which strains i would LIKE to grow.

I respectfully submit that this thread should be moved to the 'Hot Button Topics' forum, so that anyone may comment honestly, without incurring warning points. I think i've said as much as i should.

Hi Mikeg,  I like Teds reviews. Perhaps you want to have a crack at reviewing a few dozen super hot peppers while keeping each video different and interesting? Otherwise you have the option not watch Teds reviews if they are not to your liking.

Fair enough. My first point is that a man whose distinguishing trademark is vomiting copiously into a bucket isn't actually telling me anything about a product.

Second, it casts aspersion on any of the legitimate reviewers i cited, by association. This point was hit home to me when i mentioned a review to a friend, and he asked me how i could watch something so disgusting. When i questioned him, i discoverd that he thought all pepper reviews were pukefests. He'd seen one of Barrus's shows on Youtube.

Third, any visitors to this thread might conclude that the whole Product Reviews forum was more of the same. This is going to wrongly impugn any product reviewed here.

But i did use less tact than i could have in my previous post. I only viewed this pukefest to confirm that it was another puke show, then voiced my concerns. Unfortunately, i was so irritated by watching it that it colored my mood while i was writing my previous post.

If you're really fond of watching Mr Barrus vomit, would it be beneath your standards to watch it elsewhere... perhaps the Hot Button sub-forum?

mikeg said:
I think this rude man's antics detract from legitimate pod reviews.

I recently had the pleasure of watching Rymerpt review a pod. Excellently.

Georgej did his best review yet, imho. It wasn't his best because it was a ferociously hot 7-pot white, but because the young man is getting comfortable in front of a camera. You might say he's getting his game face on. Looks good on him.

Slosh and his chums give me a good chuckle every time i watch their hot sauce reviews from Australia. Their 25 consecutive reviews as a countdown to xmas were priceless, and at least as fun as any other holiday activity.

After the glogs and forum members taught me what i could grow, Nigel Carter's reviews were the final database i used to select my seed order; his ability to accurately describe flavors told me which strains i would LIKE to grow.

I respectfully submit that this thread should be moved to the 'Hot Button Topics' forum, so that anyone may comment honestly, without incurring warning points. I think i've said as much as i should.

There is always one...

Mikeg,  I like your response and in truth I do not like watching anyone vomit.  I guess it is a pretty raw sort of thing to see but eating whole superhots is a pretty hardcore business.  Nigel talks eloquently and has burning tears and eats a superhot the way I would like to.  Ted vomits which is most probably more representative of what I would actually do.

Lot of reviewers spit, blow their noses and cry.  Some vomit.  I can't help but feel grateful it is them going through it and not me.

i regard his channel as entertainment, he earns money from views and is catering toward a specific shock and awe loving kinda audience.
you have to admit he probably does bring a lot of people into the pepper culture.

If you want actual info nigel, george, smokinjames, and bill moore are much better of course.

I'm not going to bash him because people do enjoy watching him. I used to watch him when I first started watching reviews. Would watch all of Neil's (back of the throat is caning) vids and then found Ted's. The first few times he puked I thought "damn that must be one hot ass pod" but then as he would puke again on almost every super hot it was like watching Steve-O puke. 1st time or two might be funny but by the 10th time it's meh. If it weren't for the puking and spitting maybe I'd have kept watching, just not my idea of entertainment but hey different strokes for different folks.

But Ted is who he is and does what he does (successfully according to his subscribers) so more power to him

On topic, that's an interesting pod. Starting to wish Guinness would do away with the world's hottest category. Getting tired of hearing new record this and new record that.

juanitos said:
i regard his channel as entertainment, he earns money from views and is catering toward a specific shock and awe loving kinda audience.
you have to admit he probably does bring a lot of people into the pepper culture.

If you want actual info nigel, george, smokinjames, and bill moore are much better of course.
If you want to watch a pro watch nigel or bill moore, Ted is just a childish person who doesn't know what he's talking about.

Hi Jedi,  I have seen some interesting posts on things from you previously but this thread seems a bit weird.  I get Ted is not everyones favorite but it seems like you guys have something personal going on.  With the number of pods Ted has consumed he has to have a bit of experience behind him.

I haven't seen much of Bill but Nigel is awesome. 

Back