• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

pics Recenet Harvest with pics

Well the last 25 or so plants that are still growing are really started to produce a lot of peppers. Each plant is about 3' tall and the weather has been still fairly hot at the low to mid 70's. They did get 1 full day of rain, but that's it so far. Night temps are still in the mid to upper 60's so I should get several more harvest from them unless the temps get pretty low. My Trinidad Scorpion has really taken off. It was planted late and I had some issue with aphids, but once that was taken care of it has really grown and has produces around 300 pods so far. Here are some harvest pics. I figured this weeks pickings are a little over 5 pounds.

DSCN0750.jpg

DSCN0751.jpg

DSCN0755.jpg

DSCN0756.jpg

Ha! Good spotting!

Superb looking pods all the same, LGHT - They really do look prime, mate!

These are the ones that started as seeds under light indoors, right?

huntsman said:
Ha! Good spotting!

Superb looking pods all the same, LGHT - They really do look prime, mate!

These are the ones that started as seeds under light indoors, right?

Yeah, basically I started them in a jiffy, then setup an old 96w fish tank light for them and switched them over to a 400 watt MH in the closet. As they got bigger and bigger I slowly moved them outside and kept all, but 4 inside. However those 4 eventually also went outside because I couldn't exhaust the heat of an upgraded 1000 watt HPS so the production slowed. I'm working on a bigger closet that will use grow tubes and an exhaust fan that will move the hot air up into the attack. Hopefully I will get a few pounds a week once the setup is done.

LGHT said:
Yeah, basically I started them in a jiffy, then setup an old 96w fish tank light for them and switched them over to a 400 watt MH in the closet. As they got bigger and bigger I slowly moved them outside and kept all, but 4 inside. However those 4 eventually also went outside because I couldn't exhaust the heat of an upgraded 1000 watt HPS so the production slowed. I'm working on a bigger closet that will use grow tubes and an exhaust fan that will move the hot air up into the attack. Hopefully I will get a few pounds a week once the setup is done.

A few pounds or just one pound but two pics.:P Just bugging you......

Biscombe said:
Great stuff! the long red ones look like Aji Angelo am I right?

Yeah, those are really great tasting peppers. Not a ton of heat, but amazing flavor that makes a great salsa.

Pepperfreak said:
Nice harvest! Do you think you'll get another picking?

I should be able to pick for at least another 3-4 weeks. The weather is great right now. Low 70's during the day and low 60's at night. The temps are a bit cooler, but the sun is still out all day. Seems like some of the ahi's really like the weather and are setting hundreds of flowers again.

LGHT said:
Seems like some of the ahi's really like the weather and are setting hundreds of flowers again.

Baccatums and Pubescens do very well in this climate. Did you grow any manzanos or rocotos this year? My orange manzano is currently covered in pods and flowers.

Back