Recent Canning Projects

Just tried your salsa recipe, worked great. Thanks a lot again. I couldn't help but eat whatever I couldn't fit into the jars straight from the bowl. Tastes awesome, although I'll probably use a bit less cumin next time. Can't wait to rip the first jar open!

Ah, that's why. :) Nevermind, it still tastes good.

I used a muix of chilis I had, some dutch red and yellow, Aji White Wax etc... I'll let you know what I think as soon as I've ripped the first jar open. How long should I let them rest to get the full flavor?

Good to hear that! I hope I can wait for 3 days.

I'll pickle cucs today. Was going to do it yesterday, but I didnt have enough vinegar although I was sure I had an extra bottle.

Cucs are in the pressure cooker now! I used Dutch Chilis again, so I can offer some of the pickles to people with a lower tolerance. I'm almsot sure I'll have one jar tonight!

I made one jar with some soy sauce - inspired by THSC - to see what that's like! Hmmm, jummy! thanks again, without your thread I wouldn't have thought of this by now I guess! :)

I cracked my jar after almost a week in -- Nothing like having something so good and easy, besides myself, come out so well! I hope my other jalapeno's and cherry peppers fair the same!

I will have to eat one jar full tonite. Obviously, one jar wasn't closed tight enough so pressure cooking drew out all the liquid! my kitchen smells of vinegar now and I'm waiting for the cuc to be fully cooled down and I'll see what they're like later. The others will be better, but I need to "get rid" of those now! :)

I picked a whole bunch of Lemon drops, Fatalis and Hot Cherry this weekend ..I am going to put those up next -- should be a beautiful jar when finished ... I should have at the least 4 quarts of those at ... Then a possible sauce or salsa or both in the works.

Made some more salsa today, turned out to be VERY hot. My mouth was burning from having the few spoons I couldn't fit into the jars. I guess I won't be able to have anyone but myself eat any of it --- which on the other hand may be an advantage! :)

Chiliac said:
Made some more salsa today, turned out to be VERY hot. My mouth was burning from having the few spoons I couldn't fit into the jars. I guess I won't be able to have anyone but myself eat any of it --- which on the other hand may be an advantage! :)

it is an advantage :lol:
i made a jar of smooth and thick salsa (different recipe)
and its pretty dang spicy not blazing hot but I know
that jar is all mine!!:)

Back