• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Recommended top 5 sauces

Jubnat said:
Purple Hippo, unique fruity, prickly pear sauce, decent heat, but limited uses.

For those interested the name brand is Angry Goat Pepper Co.

Purple Hippo is great on mango sorbet. Just try it. :)

Ghaleon said:
I've never seen a Scotch Bonnet sauce in any store in my area. I'm curious about ordering Queen Majesty's Scotch Bonnet and ginger hot sauce.

it has good things going for it, but i think the onion clashes. i suspect i'd like the sauce more if it had less or no onion.

Ever try Busha Browne's Pukka Hot Sauce?

No onions. Its just bonnets, cane vinegar, salt and spices. It does have preservatives though. Only 25mg of sodium per tsp.

Near the jerk sauces and Caribbean stuff there's usually a Grace brand bonnet sauce.

My area has almost nothing worth a damn. There's BWW's Blazin' ghost pepper sauce and then there's me buying a bottle of Frank's and mixing it with powders.

I hate Louisiana Hot Sauce, Texas Pete, Tabasco...

There's a Caribbean section separate from the hot sauce in most supermarkets, they sell jerk sauce, and greens in the can, and hot sauce. Not the Latin section, and not by the Tabasco.

The Hot Pepper said:
There's a Caribbean section separate from the hot sauce in most supermarkets...

:think: I'm lucky if I can find a MexicAsian section where I live. I can't remember the last time I shopped at a store that had more than an "ethnic section" bigger than 6 square feet. Not that I'm complaining though. My commute to the rifle range is shorter than my commute to work! :metal:

My international market has an area for hot sauce but they also have a Jamaican section. All the stuff from Grace and Walkerwood ect is in that area. Marie Sharps and i think Tropical Pepper Co is all with the other hot sauce.

I agree with ShowMeDaSauce...Marie Sharps and Tropical Pepper Co. are good hot sauces for something you can just pick up at the local market. 

I haven't tried all of the Marie Sharps line, but the original habanero sauce tasted just like they promised: farm fresh.  When I harvest my vegetables and make a sauce that day, my sauce tastes similar to what Marie Sharps delivered.  

Tropical Pepper is just generally brutal, but at least it is a natural brutality.  Scorpion and Ghost sauces won't win any taste awards, but they'll light anyone up like it's supposed to....and just $3 a bottle.

I used to be crazy for the green El Yucateco (never liked the Mayan XXX), but after a while I found they had some quality control issues.  Some batches were disappointments.  

Never been a fan of Pain or Dave's.  I'll give a shout out to local brands and commend Captain Mowatt's Canceaux sauce and Mother's Mountain Habanero Heaven (also only $3 at Reny's).

I try to buy hot sauces every place we travel...not the tourist ones, I find a supermarket and buy what the "natives" buy.
Around here though most of the natives are probably sucking down Franks, Durkee and Crystal ect. I group them all in pretty much the same boat as Tabasco.

Back