• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

condiment Red Hawk Premium Peppers' Habanero BBQ and Rocoto Loco

First off, let me say that I'm not that great at writing reviews and such. Anyways, I recently won an auction for a bottle of "Rocoto Loco" by Red Hawk Premium Peppers and Dan was nice enough to send a bottle of his Habanero Honey BBQ sauce as well! The timing of me receiving the package couldn't have worked out better because I was planning on having some BBQ sandwhiches for dinner that night. I used half the bottle on those sandwhiches....The taste is fantastic, you can definitely taste the honey and can tell you have a great BBQ sauce, the heat is what you would expect from Chocolate Habanero's, it doesn't come instantly but once it is on your lips and tongue, it stays there for a little while after you are done eating it. Overall I would highly recommend it to anybody that likes spicy/hot bbq.

Last night I tried the Rocoto Loco sauce. I opened the bottle and dabbed some on my finger and tasted it. It has a somewhat fruity taste at first (which sticks around) and then a nice, slow-building heat. I decided to pour some of it on my pizza. I couldn't have made a better decision. It was fantastic, it was hot enough where I could tell I had put it on the food but not hot enough where you can't stand it. It was just a great sauce and I couldn't be happier that I kept bidding on this one of a kind sauce.

Overall I would recommend anything from Dan (Redtailforester aka Red Hawk Premium Peppers) Maybe Dan will decide to mass produce his Rocoto Loco...Dan I believe if you produced this sauce in mass quantities that it would sell very well, heck if not, I'll just buy them all.

Thanks again
Vincent

Too Bad There Is No More :tear:

I went looking for it and found there was none :violin: That is unfortunate :cry:

I got his triple pack sampler ans they were great; especially the B3---Now it looks like I will have to wait till next fall to try the Rocoto Loco---oh well :doh: I did not have $27 to buy it with anyway :eh: Maybe the price will come down in the next harvest :pray:

Thank you, I was never good at the writing projects in school haha.

Too Bad There Is No More :tear:

I went looking for it and found there was none :violin: That is unfortunate :cry:

I got his triple pack sampler ans they were great; especially the B3---Now it looks like I will have to wait till next fall to try the Rocoto Loco---oh well :doh: I did not have $27 to buy it with anyway :eh: Maybe the price will come down in the next harvest :pray:

Well I also got one of his sampler packs and then ordered a second. They were all great which is why I wanted the Rocoto Loco so badly.

Thanks for all the kinds words and the GREAT review Vincent!

There is a possibility I may be making one last batch with the remaining Rocotos and pubescens that I have. Until then, you guys will just have to try all my other goodies :cool:

vince-color-of-money-preening-cap-2.jpg

YOU ROCK!!!

Back