• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Red Hawk Premium Peppers

When we do shows and check out stores, I'm constantly trading, picking up new items and just checking out anything in the industry. Every now and then some products REALLY jump out at me. At the end of last year it was Hot Line Pepper Products, Then this year was all about Howler Monkey Panamanian Sauces...Most recently it's been two products by Red Hawk Premium Peppers! The two products I'm using are the Habanero Honey BBQ Sauce and the Fiery Pineapple Preserves.
The first one I got was the Habanero Honey BBQ. The ingredients are Sweet Onions, Ketchup, hot peppers, water, honey, olive oil garlic, vinegar, molasses, brown sugar, salt, worcestershire sauces, mustard powder, corn starch, white pepper, black pepper.
The smell at first is very subtly bbq and has a very distinct asian-esque smell, but the honey, mustard tomato base prevails. I'm not sure why i think asian at first, maybe because it would be great in some type of chicken stir fry!
Anyway being labeled as BBQ, My first try was on some pulled pork sliders. When I do my easy Pulled pork I rub it in Memphis Belle, set it a top two fat onions in a slow cooker, coat the top with a little basic bbq and fill the cooker halfway with chicken stock. By the next morning it just falls apart. I took some of the Honey Habanero and tossed it with some pork. Onto the bun and into my mouth! It added the perfect flavors with just the right bite. It worked so well I added a generous amount right on top.
While this was an excellent first experience, It is just as amazing as a basic hot sauce condiment as it is as a BBQ enhancer. I've since use it on Pizza (the honey and tomato are a great match with marinara and the heat once again is just right.) I've used it on chicken salad wraps, french fries and of course a cheeseburger. The consistency, flavor and heat are all winners. I think I like it better as a general condiment than a bbq sauce. I probably wouldn't use it alone on ribs, but as an extra additive it's perfect. As a general condiment, I've yet to try it on something that it didn't enhance.
Now for the Fiery Pineapple Preserves. This one caught my eye because of two elements, Fatali and Jelly....that is one of my weaknesses. Ingredients are: Sugar, fatalii peppers, pineapple, habanero peppers, white vinegar, onion, fruit pectin and citric acid.
It looks very pleasing, a nice translucent apricot with consistent red flakes. It smells Hot, fruity and HOT....it is HOT, fruity, sweet and hot. It holds up right next to a few other fatalli jellies i've tried and the pineapple gives it that extra BOOM. The pineapple/fatalli blend is actually the key to this one. It just pairs up so well....As far as use here is what I've done. Wheat bread, Peanut Butter, Pork Rillete, Fiery Pineapple Preserves. Unfortunately this is the only thing i've done with them, However I've tried that same recipe 6 times.
Anyway, these are some killer products and I look forward to trying more of Dan Lowensteins creations (Red Hawk Premium Pepper Creations)
If anyone has not yet checked these out.....well you should!

I am currently reviewing his B3 Strawberry Bhut sauce and Scorpion Sting. I too think these are great products. Reviews will be coming soon.

I just noticed one thing this thread was missing. . . . . . a picture of the product!!! Thanks again for the review Johnny!

304279_250754204966707_206163169425811_680561_1965851125_n.jpg

Back