• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Red MOA Scotch Bonnets Community Grow

A while back Cmpman1974 started a thread for a SASBE of red MOA bonnets. As one of the lucky individuals that got in on this awesomeness, I figured i'd start a community glog for these babies. Anyone that got these seeds feel free to posty up your picks. These are all courtesy of the gracious generosity of Cmpman1974 and KiNGDeNNiZ, Thanks alot guys, y'all rock!
 Oh and on an unrelated note, this is my first time creating a glog so if anyone has any suggestions on things I could do differently, don't hesitate to chime in. 

NOW POSTY UP!

eCzb9G7.jpg

Not the best Image, I know... Like I said this is my first time doing this, lol.

I have 3 plants going good now.  One has set a good amount of pods, the other 2 nothing yet, but getting much bigger so might have some heavy loads later.

A bad picture as ususal, but these are the 2 with not pods.  They have huge leaves and fat trunks already so hopefully will put on a good load.
IMG_20150627_183534439_zpseaojdv2n.jpg

Heres the other, with the pods.
IMG_20150627_183508980_zpsmlmg3mrz.jpg

jcw10tc said:
I have 3 plants going good now.  One has set a good amount of pods, the other 2 nothing yet, but getting much bigger so might have some heavy loads later.

A bad picture as ususal, but these are the 2 with not pods.  They have huge leaves and fat trunks already so hopefully will put on a good load.
IMG_20150627_183534439_zpseaojdv2n.jpg

Heres the other, with the pods.
IMG_20150627_183508980_zpsmlmg3mrz.jpg
Nice shapes. My one plant that podding g isn't giving the right shape or color. Lll. I'll have to hit you up later for fresh pod or two. Hoping the other 3 plants I habe will be better

I have good reason to beleive that the "red MoA" is acually a hybrid between a yellow scotch bonnet and a red 7 pot.

I have three "red MoA" plants. 2 plants give me red 7 pot looking pods. 1 plant that gives me yellow pods that look a little like scotch bonnets. 95% of the pods only have 3 lobes. The yellow and red pods have very thick walls and taste the same, amazing - almost like the sb7j.

Justin the pods in that picture look a lot like the plant that gives yellow pods. Don't be surprized if those "red MoA" pods acually ripen YELLOW

Steve

KiNGDeNNiZ said:
Nice shapes. My one plant that podding g isn't giving the right shape or color. Lll. I'll have to hit you up later for fresh pod or two. Hoping the other 3 plants I habe will be better

You bet, just let me know happy to send you some.

Trident chilli said:
Justin if you get an opportunity can you post a photograph of the larger pod on the bottom picture for reference. Thank you
P2015.06.28-08.39.29-3778783788-175695_zpslbrjynqu.jpg

P2015.06.28-08.39.22-1040933932-138673_zpspkjk4tfc.jpg

P2015.06.28-08.38.57-1214351874-131923_zps9z282m49.jpg

Justin thanks for posting the pod ... interesting to read Steve's thoughts on the MoA Red origin I remember reading KD had said that it was Judy who grew the Yellow and a plant produced red pods ... quite conceivable that it crossed with a Red 7 Pot ... we will all be looking for lobes and tails

STEVE954 said:
I have good reason to beleive that the "red MoA" is acually a hybrid between a yellow scotch bonnet and a red 7 pot.

I have three "red MoA" plants. 2 plants give me red 7 pot looking pods. 1 plant that gives me yellow pods that look a little like scotch bonnets. 95% of the pods only have 3 lobes. The yellow and red pods have very thick walls and taste the same, amazing - almost like the sb7j.

Justin the pods in that picture look a lot like the plant that gives yellow pods. Don't be surprized if those "red MoA" pods acually ripen YELLOW

Steve
Glad to still see you on here. ...as far as my yellow moa... 5 are throwing off pheno right now...but hope they will shoot out better shapes
STEVE954 said:

Steve
Glad to still see you on here. ...as far as my yellow moa... 5 are throwing off pheno right now...but hope they will shoot out better shapes

KD I love that picture. I believe that the red MoA does exist, and you grew it, that picture tells says it, however, the gentleman who started this glog stated the seeds came from cmpman1974 who got them from Judy, the seeds that everyone is growing is not what you grew from the seeds that I sent you. And I sent you over 1k 2 Gen seeds from all yellow pods. I only sent you 12 original MoA seeds directly from Jamaica and that's where you got the red. You lucky s.o.b.! I have grown over 50 plants and all beautiful, but all yellow pods. You got a red. I also believe that Greg in Chicago grew a true red MoA.

I would like a few of seeds from the red MoA that you grew.

Unfortunately, I don't beleive the plants that we are growing from the SASBE are legit red MoAs. I believe they are hybrids. Great peppers in their own right, but hybrids.

Steve

Back