• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

fermenting Red Savina pepper mash

Hey hot sauce makers....does anyone know where i can find a bucket of Red savina mash (red caribbean habanero) other then Jim C..?
Thanks

Might be a seasonal kind of thing. I've looked online for other mash producers, and you might be able to find someone that imports from south america, but probably won't be able to find Red Savina.

NOVA,
It might have paid you to have invested in the little bit of time that it wouild take you to send an email to whomever, (since you dont identify what company you claim is charging that much), it was that you claim said their mash is 330 CAD / quart. If you had tried to communicate with them, I would bet you would have found that their commercial quantity prices would be MUCH less. At the very least, you could have made a reasonable offer for their mash, and let them decline or accept your offer. Why dont you try contacting them?

Best;
bluey

^^^ is $330 CAD for a liter of mash...

Peppermaster is $15 for 45ml, multiply that out and you probably get $330/quart.

Jim C. is backing off of his pepper stuff as his day-job has taken on more responsibilities and time. He is referring most inquiries to CaJohn's whom he has worked with for quite a while.

SL

well, the place I was thinking of did not have red savina, but here's a place that has pretty good price for 10 oz bottles and quantity order discounts.

Never heard of them or dealt with them, just did a google search.
http://www.redsavina.com/

I trust you've read Jim's page about asking for all the details like salt content, etc.

SL

Peppermaster is $15 for 45ml, multiply that out and you probably get  $330/quart.

Jim C. is backing off of his pepper stuff as his day-job has taken on more responsibilities and time.  He is referring most inquiries to CaJohn's whom he has worked with for quite a while.

SL
And that price is a king's ransom.

Peppermaster is $15 for 45ml, multiply that out and you probably get $330/quart.

Jim C. is backing off of his pepper stuff as his day-job has taken on more responsibilities and time. He is referring most inquiries to CaJohn's whom he has worked with for quite a while.

SL

The peppermaster's website says call for wholesale prices. give them a call and you may get a better deal...

I'm considering growing a few acres of Red Savinas this coming summer (2011). Anyone interested in some mash in the fall? I talked to Jim and he gave me the name of the people who sell the Red Savina seeds. They ain't cheap! But if there's enough interest, I'll grow enough for other people besides myself.

Hey hot sauce makers....does anyone know where i can find a bucket of Red savina mash (red caribbean habanero) other then Jim C..?
Thanks

Back