• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Redtail Forester's Holy Alimony

Let me start by saying that I don't consider myself a reviewer, but more a lover of good hot sauces.

I recently received my order from RedtailForester. In it was Strawberry Scorpion, Holy Alimony, and a powder that was simply labeled 'Pain'.

I decided to dig into the Holy Alimony first. I didn't have any meals prepared, so I decided to try it on a chip. The aroma when I first opened the bottle had a strong hint of garlic, and of course chili peppers. It smells absolutely wonderful. I put a good sized glob on the chip and proceeded to chew it for several seconds before swallowing it. Wonderful taste. The garlic flavor is well blended with the heat of the sauce, and it definitely has a good heat, without being overpowering. It has been several minutes since I tried it, and I can still feel the burn. This is a very good sauce. I would definitely put it in my top 5 that I have ever tried.

I will try to post after I try the scorpion sauce as well. If it is half as good as this one, I am in for a treat.

With sauces like this that use super-hot peppers, I find no need for extracts in my refrigerator. Redtail has assured me that he never uses extracts in his sauces, and I definitely respect that.

Bravo Redtail... Good stuff.

ps. the transaction was extremely smooth, and the shipping was very fast. I love it that the members of this site have such great customer service. Cheers to you!

Great news! The Holy Alimony is much more pepper forward than the other two in the Grounds for Divorce series. Happy you enjoyed it.

I'll be very interested in hearing your take on the Strawberry Scorpion Sting!

Is this one hotter than the Grounds for Divorce XXX?

I absolutely love the flavor of that one but wish it had more heat. I think Redtail makes it mild on purpose so you will end up emptying the entire bottle onto the first thing you try it on :lol: Holy Alimony and GFD XXX are both listed as 7/10 heat on www.redhawkpeppers.com but I don't really trust that scale.

I certainly do make some mild sauces on purpose! That way, I can get even the novice chilehead addicted then keep them coming back for more and more heat!!!

That being said, I've always struggled with a relative heat scale. To me, I would consider the XXX more like a 5/10 and the Holy Alimony more of a 7-8.

Good thing everyone likes PAIN because I absolutely hate making it! Even with my respirator on, I still end up coughing my ass off...

599721_3714677219756_648901541_n.jpg

Back