vendor Refining Fire Chiles

I just want those interested in getting seeds to know I just purchased some varieties from Mr. Duffy of Refining Fire Chiles. Not only did he get the seeds quickly, but they appear healthy, and he was kind enough to add a few more varieties to try. Not all vendors will do that. Ive experienced some that only get you what is purchased, which is understandable. Very few create reputations where the seeds will look great, be quick to the order, and offer a few other varieties as a gift to grow and enjoy.
I am sure many of you have great vendors as well. This is my experience to share.
My order was for:
Giant White Habinero
Jamaican Chocolate Habinero
Yellow Fatalii
The extras were most impressive as well.
Thank you

Sauced said:
Not sure if Jim of RFC is able to help out and correct this? We need to update our vendor vault for 2020 season for BEST reputable and consistent vendors of last year. Top 3 max. I’ll create a new category in a couple hours. Comment concerns of vendors should any be listed. We need to see the best of best for our growers, hobbyists.

After the combative response to the initial concern and being subsequently ignored, I didn't try again on the second issue.

Since then, getting seeds from the US to Japan has become economically infeasible for vendors. So, unfortunately, it's not something that could reasonably be remedied in any case, and that's not Jim's fault or responsibility. I honestly don't have any interest regardless and likely wouldn't use him again even if it were an option.

My experience seems to be an outlier, though, and I wouldn't expect him to be excluded from anything on account of this. No person or business is perfect, and life ain't fair... at the same time, when you screw up as a business and put it on the customer by default, that's something I'd want to hear about when picking a vendor (even when it seems to be the exception rather than the rule).

MarcV said:
I'm collecting the native american chiles. One's still missing : the Pico de Pajaro... :D I must have overlooked it when I ordered my last batch of seeds...

20190424%20175913%20SM-A530F%203.93mm%20f1.70%20ISO40%2020190424_175913_800.jpg

That’s an impressive array of seeds, Mark! 

are you going to try to grow them all?

Jim’s seeds have always been good performers for me.

PaulG said:

That’s an impressive array of seeds, Mark! 

are you going to try to grow them all?

Jim’s seeds have always been good performers for me.

At some point that was my intention, although I don't have the room to grow that many varieties at once. I was thinking about growing half of the varieties in one season and keep the other half for the next season. But at this moment I don't even know what I will be growing...  :rolleyes:

And in the mean time Jim keeps adding native mexican chillies to the list of available seeds!  :lol:

MarcV said:
And in the mean time Jim keeps adding native mexican chillies to the list of available seeds!  :lol:

Yeah. Nuttin' like a seed pusher. 

Feeding addicts' obsessions.

There oughta be a law.

Good luck deciding what to grow, Marc. Any of those
Native American varieties should be awesome. It would
be interesting to sample the various pods to see how the
terroir of their home range colors their flavor profiles. We
will be expecting a full report  :D

I am fully satisfied with RFC. Ordered a few packs of seeds, got a few freebies. Delivery to Germany was reasonably fast. The chinenses all sprouted a lot earlier than the ones from pepperlover and they ALL germinated. I am not so lucky with my Pepperlover seeds although in most cases I at least have 1 plant out of 5 seeds now.

The RFC seeds have been 100% germination so far.

If they grow true, I will be really happy at the end of the season and this will be one of my preferred sellers.

PaulG said:
Yeah. Nuttin' like a seed pusher. 

Feeding addicts' obsessions.

There oughta be a law.

Good luck deciding what to grow, Marc. Any of those
Native American varieties should be awesome. It would
be interesting to sample the various pods to see how the
terroir of their home range colors their flavor profiles. We
will be expecting a full report  :D
I think I decided! :) I chose to grow following varieties:

- cochiti pueblo
- isleta pueblo
- isleta long pueblo
- jemez pueblo
- nambe pueblo
- san juan tsile pueblo
- santo domingo pueblo
- zia pueblo
- negro de valle
- vallero

So basically all chiles from my list that have "pueblo" in their name and the two varieties that are said to be the best for making chile colorado :)

I had great luck with Jims seeds last growing season so I ordered again this month. Picked up several new varieties and finally opted for some superhots this time. Hopefully this summer will be warmer and provide a better growing season. One seed pack was missing, but Jim was very quick to ship it out. Some interesting extras were thrown in, which Im excited to try out. Especially the Apocalypse Scorpion. I started a small batch early and had nearly half germinating in 4 days. I did 4 each (10 days ago) of the Pepperoncini (4/4 sprouted), Aji Charapita (3/4 sprouted), El Rito (3/4 sprouted), and Apoc Scorpions (1/4 sprouted), about 70% germination thus far. This week I also put in 4 Aji Pineapple, 3 Yellow Reaper,s and 3 more Apoc Scorpions. In about 6 weeks, I will start my bigger grow for the season. Ill post a grow update in another thread later on.

Attachments

• 21DEC360-EED5-44B7-8324-49E1D0BC9EF4.jpeg
    21DEC360-EED5-44B7-8324-49E1D0BC9EF4.jpeg
    105.7 KB · Views: 123
Received my third order from RFC yesterday, and got a bunch of extras, but was missing one of the packs I ordered.

After 9PM last night, I emailed Jim about it, and also stated that I had forgotten to order another variety which I was planning to order anyway. So I could go ahead and order that variety, and asked if he could include the missing variety in that shipment.

In less than 1 hour, Jim emailed that he will send both varieties. Now THAT is some super service.

Experiences like this contribute to the sickness that makes my seed budget essentially infinite.

Back