• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Relano Peppers?

I just received A little bag full of dried peppers from one of Ms Noshows Co-Workers that didnt know what to do with these and didnt want them soo i said ok i'll take em!

She said they got them in Santa Fe NM. She had them on a ristra and picked a few off for me. She Says They Were called RELANO does any one know I have not yet tried any of these yet to describe heat or flavor. i did open one pod up and ended up touching my nouse and my nostril was burning so it does have some heat i will prob cook with one tonight. Need help on this ID

IMG00698.jpg

After researching thats what i 'm finding Chile rellano translates to stuffed pepper.

Reimers seems to have a hot pepper called rellano IDK

Rellenos are usually stuffed green poblanos, but the pod in the pic looks like more of a or Numex or other Mexican type.

I Thought Poblano But the walls seem to be very thin Prob due to the dehydration process. I am going to reconstitute one and describe heat and flavor soon also i Have a ton of seed from these if any one wants any let me know!

Noshownate said:
I Thought Poblano But the walls seem to be very thin Prob due to the dehydration process. I am going to reconstitute one and describe heat and flavor soon also i Have a ton of seed from these if any one wants any let me know!
No they are saying rellenos are made with poblanos. Those are not rellenos (heh) or poblanos.

A poblano dried in an ancho. They are broader and thicker.

That looks like a Numex Sandie or other Numex type of pepper. Again, it is NOT a Dried Pablano which as THP has said is called an Ancho.

In New Mexico rellenos are made with New Mexico/Anaheim type chiles. Not dried ones though. If you grow out the seed you will get some good ones for stuffing most likely.

relleno = stuffed

adjective

relleno, -a
adjective
1. stuffed (lleno); filled (tarta, pastel)
2. plump (gordo)
masculine noun
3. stuffing (de pollo, almohadón); filling (de pastel)

* páginas de relleno, -a -> padding

Well, since it taces an eon to edit posts, I will answer my own post.

In Mexico, many kinds of chiles are stuffed, depending upon what chile is grown locally. I've had poblanos, NuMex, cascabel, manzanos, jalapas and etc.

Back