• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Remember to do your profiles...and your homework...homework is important

Just looking at some people's profiles and noticed that some don't have any. Just wanted to throw out a reminder that there is that feature. Also, be sure to check out other people's profiles, there are some funny ones out there.

kamikaze cowgirl said:
okay, i filled mine out.
but i'm a grown up.
i don't hafta do homework if i don't wanna.
Ah-men, I hate homework and am glad I don't HAVE to do it anymore.

Hey Kamikazi..."sweet tea" with firey foods? Interesting, please expound.

Surely no one on this board would let that out. would they?
How many people see this anyhow? Its not like its out there on the world wide web or anything:)

Dont say potat*** out loud young lady, remember the secret part?
Do you guys make the hatch festival down that way? Have always wanted to but I end up going to the "chili and frijole festival" (which is tomorrow) in Pueblo, wooohooo.
Did I hear that there was some trouble with the hatch chili's this year??? flooding or something?

yeah, a few dozen acres got washed out but there were still enough chiles to make everyone happy. only difference this year was that they charged for roasting to offset the cost of fuel.
anyway, i got my 50 lb sack and spent the weekend cleaning and freezing those hot puppies. that should last me a few months. i'm getting the big jims up here tomorrow.

Thats a lot of work huh? I go thru about 4 bushels a year. A mix of Ancho and Pueblo, I used to bring em home and rinse and peel all at once. wow that stunk, now I just put em into large ziplocks and deal with them one bag at a time as needed.
A buddy of mine was down there last year and he brought me home a box with 5-5lbs frozen packages of roasted, peeled, diced hatch chili's. That frickin Rocked!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was so nice to grab a block, chunk some off and get cooking. Do you know where they sell them like that?

most grocery stores in the area sell them like that, as does chile traditions and the market basket. yeah, it's a lot of work but the end result is perfect. i can't stand a relleno filled with seeds and usually cook up about a pound at a time. kinda makes me feel all housewifey and stuff.

Back