• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

review Review: THSC's Jungle Juice Jalapeno Sauce

QuadShotz

Banned
Howdy folks!

This sauce is a bit different from the "normal" stuff THSC makes. It's not nuclear hot and it's made with Jalapenos in a tropical style.

First, the pics:

Bottle Front
S6301338.JPG

Bottle Back
S6301339.JPG

Yup, it's green!
S6301342.JPG

It's a rather chunky yet nice consistancy. Pours well.

The smell is of "green" and citrus w/ a touch of cinnamon and apples. I think it's the combo of the Kiwi, Lemon-Lime and the Jala's that make it unique.

Nice tartness like a green apple, but sweet too with a hint of cinnamon.

It tastes kinda like it smells...very citrus fresh and sweet/tart. A big Citrus, Kiwi and Jalapeno, Black Pepper taste that develops into a more sweet apple and cinnmony flavor.

It's a Jalapeno sauce, so no huge flames..a nice even upfront burn that ya feel all the way down. Later is a nice warm mouth & throat burn..not tooo hot.

It's very different for me, but it kinda grows on ya. It's killer on chicken, and I loved it on my breakfast scramble w/ potatos, ham, eggs, cheese and hab/serrano chiles.

S6301334.JPG

Adds a nice piquante-yet-sweet quality to foods, and would be a nice marinade I think too.

Flavor: 8/10......(it's a tad odd for me, but good)
Heat: 5/10 ......(After the habs and nagas, well....)
Usability: 9/10......(This stuff adds unique flavor without a lot of heat)

Of course, there's a video review too:

Nice job mate..another fine sauce. :-)

Cheers,

-QS

Thanks for the review. Another positive one... makes it even harder waiting for the sauce to arrive! I know this is one I'll try immediately! Good one!

I know it's not too good, but it get's promoted as the most Australian thing there is. I was just kidding, because I know how much Australian people love it to have their culture reduced to Foster's and Crocodile Dundee! :)

hey coool man , excellent loading now and have to go get a coffee and relax mon ,then let the cooolness into my vertebrea :cool:

yes different :) 1 for not to hot lovers, bit of Zing with a bit of Zing lol

thanks mate.

talas said:
Be great with Gammon and eggs..Great Review quad and THP has a winner there love a jala based sauce :)

Ha, I had to look that one up..amusing results:

From Wikipedia:

Gammon can mean:

•A particular cut of bacon or ham (from an Old Northern French word "Gambe" for hind- leg of the pig or ham) - processed pork product

•A synonym for Shelta, the language of the Irish Travellers

•A victory in backgammon reached before the loser has succeeded in removing a single piece

•Gammon Construction is a construction company in Hong Kong

•SA-5 Gammon, the NATO designation for the Russian S-200 'Volga' surface-to-air missile system

•Gammon bomb, a type of grenade used by the United Kingdom

•A nautical term for the rope lashing or iron hardware to attach masts to a boat or ship.

I'm hoping you don't like grenades or missiles with your eggs...

I suppose, a Naga in there could make it a "Gammon Bomb". ;)

-QS

Wow, you won't believe what the post lady has just delivered. Thank you so much Neil, I can't believe you sent me a surprise bottle of Tropical Jungle Juice, I'm over the moon.

This is a sauce with a difference. The smell is fantastic. Straight away I can smell kiwis, apples, pineapple and lime, pepper, and a fresh chilli smell. This has the ideal consistency for me, just pourable. Also I can't see that there are any separation issues as I've come across with other sauces.

As for taste I could drink this sauce like a juice. The taste of kiwis is quite prominent with a hint of pineapple, then you get like a spicy apple pie taste with the cinnamon. It's a very even heat, not hot but this dosen't require hardly any heat, I think you need it mild to get the balance of all the flavours but you can still taste Jalapenos. I love this.

Heat 5-10
Consistency 10/10
Taste 10/10 I don't think it can be improved.

Apart from drinking this out of the bottle I'd put it with a quality ice cream, sweet-cured ham or bacon, really any meat that has a sweet taste. I reckon it would go well with sweet potatoes too.

Thank you so much Neil for the sauce and Hab powder, you've made my week.

RB xxxxxx

why Thanks rainbowberry, speechless here. thought id surprise you with a Bottle as for some reason thought you might like :) yay i was correct

no probs Whatso ever, and thanks for the Outstanding review WOW

take care
neil :)

Gotta watch those ozzies & their surprise parcels. Can lead to looking for new flavours in the sauce you buy. lol.

Neil I've still got to do the JJ sauce with a spinach & 3 cheese pasta...or something similar...it is an amazing flavour..so very...green :D

bentalphanerd said:
Gotta watch those ozzies & their surprise parcels. Can lead to looking for new flavours in the sauce you buy. lol.

I know, you're a generous bunch. I've had parcels from you Bent, Stillmanz and Neil now. Top blokes.

randomly sent samples work out very well, i don't know why more sauce makers dont do it. It brings very good Honest feedback, and a lot of people apart from passing the word on to their chillihead friends, work out that the postage isn't so bad for a sauce thats not like anything they'll get locally.

So everyone does well really...unless of course you make a crap sauce...then things will get ugly :D

:cheers:

QuadShotz said:
Ha, I had to look that one up..amusing results:

From Wikipedia:

I'm hoping you don't like grenades or missiles with your eggs...

I suppose, a Naga in there could make it a "Gammon Bomb". ;)

-QS

A Gammon Bomb indeed :lol:

Back