• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Review: Trinidad Scorpion

The hype is there! I'm just glad these peppers are smaller :lol: Got this one from PepperLover, thanks Judy. Ate the usual 1/4 piece. Nice fruity, softer tecture than the other peppers I've tried. A tasty little bugger, but the heat is definitely there :hell: . It creeps in after a few seconds and keeps coming. The lips were burning, the tounge, upper roof, back of throat were all blazing :onfire: :mouthonfire: Major running nose, and this is the only pepper so far that made my right eye tear pretty good :rofl: This is the hottest one to date.

IMG_1149.jpg

IMG_1151.jpg

:beer:

salsadude and salsakid just ate a 1/2 each of a small trini scorp this afternoon. They both said it tasted like $#!t. but HOTTER than $#!t!

When salsakid and I tasted it, we both said we did not like the taste. Today, the words that were coming out were "chemical", "non-organic", (not "metallic"), but definitely not the fruity, happy taste of other hots.

Chops to you, Wasatch, for another hottie!

LOL after about 15 minutes you can't taste much of anything!
i ate whole pod one time i didnt taste any thing for the rest of the day and all night long my lips were burning , whats is nasty about the Trinidad scorpion is the duration of the heat it could last for days and actually affect your tasting .

hpim2022.jpg

I'll tell ya what, it's been hours and things are not tasting right and my tounge is not right, :lol: It is also the only pepper so far that made me go to the bathroom, and you know the story. Stomach is not feeling the best also.

salsadude and salsakid just ate a 1/2 each of a small trini scorp this afternoon. They both said it tasted like $#!t. but HOTTER than $#!t!

When salsakid and I tasted it, we both said we did not like the taste. Today, the words that were coming out were "chemical", "non-organic", (not "metallic"), but definitely not the fruity, happy taste of other hots.

Chops to you, Wasatch, for another hottie!

I liked the taste for a few seconds, then :hell: :hell:

You're the first person I've heard that liked the taste. I find it nasty, and the heat is just ridiculous especially the Butch T variety

There's one thing that I've noticed about all the comments I've read on the T.Scorpion pepper--very few people remember what it tasted like to eat one, but everybody remembers what it felt like.

Alan

I agree, mostly heat with little flavor. This is a GREAT pepper to throw into a pot of chilli to spice things up w/o changing your prefered taste of it. Not my favorite to sit and just munch on! :onfire:

I agree, mostly heat with little flavor. This is a GREAT pepper to throw into a pot of chilli to spice things up w/o changing your prefered taste of it. Not my favorite to sit and just munch on! :onfire:

I will put one in the freezer, for that first pot of chili coming in a month or so. :dance: :onfire: :mouthonfire: :hell: :beer:

I plan on trying out a few different types of superhots in each bowl of chili to see which ones really compliment my personal recipie. Mmmmm Mmmm good! :cool:

Back